Rejected for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Rejected for PIP

laxy
laxy Community member Posts: 38 Connected
edited May 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi guys i have crohns disease and have a stoma , plus perianal dsiease which is active ...i applied for pip in february three weeks ago i had a phone asessment .today i recieved the report and letter stating why they couldnt award me. To my shock the whole report is a lie and has upset me so much that the lady who did my assesment on the phone has lied about how i feel and stated i drive perfectly, i havnt driven a car since last year september2019 . I have a disable bagde and cant undestand how i got rejected for pip .report says she decided that i can walk 200meters and am house bounded which is shocking.please can any one advice or help me ...i have got so depressed over this and feel so guilty that  suffering been signed of by gp .

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @laxy and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm really sorry to hear about what has happened to your PIP claim.  Unfortunately, many of our members find that they have faced some "inaccuracies" from assessors so you are not alone with this and I can understand your frustration and upset at this.  Are you going to appeal against this decision?  I'm sorry to hear also you have been signed off by your GP and please don't feel guilty as you have nothing to feel guilty about.  It is a terrible situation to be in.  Please find below a link to some information/advice about PIP which includes appeals should you decide to go down this route and I hope you find this Scope information helpful -

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/personal-independence-payment-pip/

Please let us know if you decide to go ahead with an appeal and good luck with it if you do.  If we can be of any help/support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • laxy
    Ails thank you so much for your kind supportive words i definetly want to appeal but i have to do a mandatory reconsideration first dont i? Do i need to call them for mr
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @laxy - Welcome to this friendly & supportive community. I'm sorry to read about your medical problems & your recent PIP assessment. As Ails says, unfortunately we have other members who have experienced the same, & the assessor's report can be very upsetting when you read all the 'inaccuracies.'
    As you say, you will need to do a Mandatory Reconsideration. It's best if you put this in writing, &, for each of the 'descriptors' that apply to you, give a couple of examples as to how, why & when you have difficulty. It is concentrating on this, & where points should have been awarded, that will help. Just in case you haven't seen this, I'll put a link to the descriptors here. Please see: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/Scores-for-PIP-Descriptors-2020.pdf
    If you have any questions, please say, as we are all here to help & support you as much as we can. :)

• laxy
    @chiarieds

Thank you for your support i already feel like i have so much support by talking to you guys. Very much appreciated i will look into the link?  
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    You're most welcome.....I've been through PIP, & a Mandatory Reconsideration too. We all try to help each other here. :)
  • laxy
    Thank you so much its really stressed me out since yesterday i recieved the report which never matched any of my answers....?
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @laxy and you are very welcome.  I see that @chiarieds has already provided you with wonderful information and advice so I hope that helps and good luck with your PIP journey!  Please let us know how you get on.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.