Doctors letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Doctors letter

ipp2375
ipp2375 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
Hi i was wondering if anyone could advise me,thankuou in advance. 
Ive recieved a letter from pip as ive put an appeal against my decision,so its going to the tribunal. 
My question is, what do i do to get a letter from a doctor,and how do i pay for it.
Im just not very good on the ohone,And dont want to seem stupid.
Thanks again x

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, have you been asked to get a letter from your doctor ? If not it isn't always the baes evidence to get as PIP are interested in how your condition affects you on a daily basis and your GP isn't always the best to offer this. There are lots of other types of evidence you can supply, like a daily diary how you manage day to day, or a statement from someone who knows how you live day to day.

If you do want a doctors letter contact the surgery (email if you can ), each surgery haver different policies regarding cost and payment so they will be able to advise you

I hope you are successful at your appeal
  • ipp2375
    ipp2375 Community member Posts: 14 Connected

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.