PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Doctors letter

ipp2375ipp2375 Member Posts: 14 Connected
Hi i was wondering if anyone could advise me,thankuou in advance. 
Ive recieved a letter from pip as ive put an appeal against my decision,so its going to the tribunal. 
My question is, what do i do to get a letter from a doctor,and how do i pay for it.
Im just not very good on the ohone,And dont want to seem stupid.
Thanks again x

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,259 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, have you been asked to get a letter from your doctor ? If not it isn't always the baes evidence to get as PIP are interested in how your condition affects you on a daily basis and your GP isn't always the best to offer this. There are lots of other types of evidence you can supply, like a daily diary how you manage day to day, or a statement from someone who knows how you live day to day.

If you do want a doctors letter contact the surgery (email if you can ), each surgery haver different policies regarding cost and payment so they will be able to advise you

I hope you are successful at your appeal
  • ipp2375ipp2375 Member Posts: 14 Connected
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,001 Disability Gamechanger
    A letter from your GP is arguably useful if a person lacks insight into their own condition but generally they’re neither use nor ornament. Better to focus on whether you have 2 examples per activity of what happened when you recently attempted the points scoring activities. 
Sign in or join us to comment.