COVID -19 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

COVID -19

CARL58
CARL58 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
Hi from Canada please please take your governments advice, stay in stay safe stay well,ive lost a cousin in UK to the virus taken the news to reach me a few days,it's very sad but he was one of the few who believed it couldn't happen to him,well it has he was only 42.so please take all the necessary precautions.as for us where fine life's on hold like everywhere else,but United this can be beaten.so please don't think it won't happen to you learn by my cousin's big mistake carrying on with life,he lost his for ignoring,the guidelines set out.so stay safe stay in stay well all the best carl58 & Jen.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @CARL58 - I'm very sorry to read about your loss, & can only agree with your sentiments. As my son was walking home from work last week, he rang to say about the abusive customers they'd had in the food outlet shop he works in. He was sworn at by people not understanding that they had to limit the number of people in the shop at any one time. He also said he'd just heard of the death of our vet's husband, who was also in his 40s.
    We'll all be glad when this is over; such a terrible loss of life everywhere. Yes, the guidelines are there to keep us all safe, & should be heeded. Pleased you are both safe, take care.

• Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Sorry for your loss. I'm on day 43 of lockdown and most definitely taking it seriously as is most people. Are always some who think the rules don't apply to them. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,522 Disability Gamechanger
    @CARL58 I think the majority of people here in the UK are taking this very seriously, personally I know someone who has had it and someone who has died from it.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Really sorry for your loss @CARL58!
    Scope

• Joanne777
    Joanne777 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    So sorry to hear about your loss 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello. I am also very sorry to hear of the loss of your cousin.

Yes, like you, we are also fed up of lockdown, but that is the better option.
    People should not be silly and break the good work done by sensible people.

Pollsx
  • littlechef
    littlechef Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    @pollyanna1052
    You are a right now lockdown as been partly lifted I think it's going to get a lot worse people will not do as the government says and will be getting into groups and cuddling again I'm still in shielding so think this were I will stay as long as needed .
    Keep safe all .
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    I'm really sorry for your loss @CARL58. I hope you and Jen are both keeping well?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    chiarieds said:
    As my son was walking home from work last week, he rang to say about the abusive customers they'd had in the food outlet shop he works in. He was sworn at by people not understanding that they had to limit the number of people in the shop at any one time.
    It's appalling that customers would treat them that way @chiarieds - I'll never understand some people.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    I haven't left the house for 49 days....the garden doesn't count.
    How long you everyone else?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @CARL58 Nice to see you back on again, I'm sorry for your loss. Glad you are keeping safe and enjoying what you can of your new life in Canada. Keep well and look out for each other 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @CARL58, I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss.  Your words are so true!  We all have a duty to heed the lock-down rules.  Please stay safe and well.  
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness