Hi, my name is NanHamilton! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is NanHamilton!

Options
NanHamilton
NanHamilton Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I stayed in Shetland from 1983 to 1992 and found i always wanted to come back so here i am living in 2 lingq ,, weathersta, brae.
beautiful place to live, a bit remote but not to bad, My husbandis happy here to , we also have a good neighbour so thats good to.

My grandson has ADHD ad Asberg together but he is no 28. Also i have a granddaugter who is 30 and a great grandson Xander who is 8 9 in August. Anyone wanting to chat would be fine with me .  Iworked in he sensory i camelo falkirk, where we lived before, and aso worked in montfield for 9 years with the elderly , if i was fit i would still be doing  but at 70 i am slowing down.  Thanks for letting me join.

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @NanHamilton and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  I hope you had a nice weekend.  It's nice to meet a fellow Scot and thank you for joining us.  I enjoyed reading your interesting introduction.  Shetland is a beautiful part of the world.  I have a friend who lives in Bressay and have always meant to go up there to visit.  I can only imagine that it must be a great way of life up there!  Interesting to hear that you worked in the field of sensory before.  Did you enjoy that work?  I know Camelon, Falkirk very well as I used to do voluntary work there befriending young people while I was at uni in Stirling.  Great to hear you have kept so busy all through your life and nice to hear about your family also.

You will find the Community a great place to be full of lovely, friendly people who all love a chat!  I have met some very good friends on here since joining nearly 2 years ago now.  Please feel free to look around the site and join in any discussions that you find interesting.  We have a virtual Coffee Lounge where we chat about different subjects such as our pets, hobbies, books, movies, etc and this is often a good place to start to chat to people and get to know them.  I hope you enjoy your time with us on the forum anyway and find it a useful place to be.  I look forward to seeing you around here.  If we can be of any help or support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smiley:

Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @NanHamilton - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. Thank you for sharing your interesting post. Whereabouts did you live in Shetland? I applied for a job in Lerwick, & mis-dialed one time, & ended up talking to a lovely farmer for 30 mins saying I must come & live on Shetland!
    Anyway, I didn't get the job, as they had to advertise, but already had someone for the post. However they rang me several months later offering me a job, but by then I was expecting our first child so couldn't then go.
    It's good to read you're both happy back on the mainland, & have a good neighbour. Do your family live nearby?
    As Ails says, I hope you enjoy being part of the community, & I look forward to hearing from you again. :)
  • NanHamilton
    Options
    Thank you, I stayed in Gulberwick, 3 miles outsie lerwikc. top of the hill great setting. I myself am disabled in  FEW  wys, but none life threatened.  Maybe you will come to Shetland eventually. x

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @NanHamilton - I sometimes wonder why we go abroad, as there are so many beautiful & interesting places in the UK. I hope one day I will at least visit Shetland. My daughter is a travel agent so should be able to find out for me.
    Thank you for your kind reply. I have a genetic disorder which has caused arthritis in many joints; difficult to live with, but I'm coping. I hope you & your husband are keeping well. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome @NanHamilton nice to see you have joined us. Sounds like a lovely place you live and I can only imagine the joy your grandchildren bring to your life.

Look forward to seeing you on here
  • NanHamilton
    Options
    Thank you .I am a bit tired today but tom will be better. trying to do the garden .How are you. well i hope.
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome to the community @NanHamilton
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Lovely to have you here @NanHamilton. Shetland looks stunning. It's always been on the list of places I want to most visit alongside Peru and Japan, but it seems a touch more doable than the others. Maybe when all this is over!

Give us a shout if you need any help finding your way around the community and I hope to see you about soon.
    Adrian
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness