Is this odd? Tribunal related. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is this odd? Tribunal related.

lukeuk
lukeuk Posts: 19 Connected
I had my telephone hearing today. Obviously today is Thursday (I'm clever I know). After the 1hr 15min phone call, the judge said 'ok well we have a lot to think about here so we will send you our decsion in the post". In the post? There are postage delays, its Thursday so we miss the weekend too. I cant wait that long I'll go our of my mind?! Is it normal for them to not tell you there and then and say they'll send it in thr post?

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    it does happen, I would agree that there were big postal delays at the start of this mess, but I'm receiving first class mail in 24 hours again now.
    Fingers x it's a good outcome for you.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• lukeuk
    woodbine said:
    it does happen, I would agree that there were big postal delays at the start of this mess, but I'm receiving first class mail in 24 hours again now.
    Fingers x it's a good outcome for you.
    Is this usually a good or bad indication that they want to do it by post. Usually I only get bad news in the post. 
  • lizzyburns
    lizzyburns Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    @lukeuk how did it go? what type of questions did they ask you? did they said how long it will take to get a letter? also what do you believe you should get?
  • lukeuk
    @lizzyburns it basically was like a do over of the PIP assessment, only with the independent tribunal panel rather than the corrupt DWP liars. 

They basically went over each question in the PIP2 questionnaire.

I think I'm entitled to a standard daily living after doing PIP2 calculators online, I've had to cut back to part time hours as my condition has worsened since my pip assessment last august and it's looking like the underlying cause is N24 (a rare sleep wake disorder). The huge issue is that they dont allow or take into consideration how your condition is at the current day. They keep asking how you were back then and what information you had back then. So even if you have changes to your circumstances like a new diagnoses or worsening symptoms or new test evidence they cant take that into consideration because that wasnt availible at the time of the original dwp assessment. So for that reason, I feel I wont get PIP on this occasion.  But after I've seen this consultant for the N24  investigations I'll apply again. The issue is the waiting because I can guarantee it will go all the way through the tribunal stage again. If only the assessments were done by the courts in the first place, it would save a whole lot of time. Also, I'll miss out on the backdated pip from August by going for it again.  I think when I have to go to the dwp for my assessment and the liars are asking me questions I'll.just say 'no comment, I'll answer at the tribunal' because they dont write down what you say anyway. 
  • lizzyburns
    lizzyburns Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    @lukeuk I agree they are corrupt.!!!! they HCP tell lies. when I went to mine I taken a recorder and gave them a copy if they requested it as I’m within my legal rights to do that. as I made them aware as that’s what I’m going to do. they don’t like being recorded but your within your rights to do that as long as you inform them why your doing it and give them a copy. I get my award review letter around October time and without sounding too sure I no I will get it again as I’m legally entitled to it. I would never give up for someone I should be getting. when DWP reject people they want you to just give up and that’s it. but I don’t ! 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi as others have advised it isn't unusual to get a decision by post even those attending f2f tribunals have the decision posted out. Fingers crossed you get the result you are hoping for .

As explained they only look at your condition as it was at the time of your assessment as this is the decision your are appealing against. You have not been assessed with your new conditions so how can they take this into account at an appeal ? 
  • lukeuk
    @Username_removed the issue that I think will be my downfall is that I mentioned I have ulcerative colits as a contributing factor to the fatigue that the 'insomnia' causes. But both at the PIP f2f assessment and the tribunal they kept tunnel visioning on the UC. Each time I tried to swerve them away from the UC and back to the sleep disorder (which is the main reason I applied for the PIP) they swerved back to the colits. If I applied again I'd only mention the sleep disorder and how that affects me and my ability to work. The issue that I face is that everywhere I go, family, friends, work, there is so much prejudice about my sleep disorder. People dont understand the gravity of going without ANY sleep at all routinely for 4 days a week and how that affects how much you can work and do other activities. I would never want to give up work completely, but I have had to go part time now as this condition is getting worse. But because I went part time in september and my assessment was in August they couldn't take that into consideration and one of the main factors was that they said 'oh because you can work full time I cant see this is having an effect on you', so that would be a change in my new application, in addition to a consultants letter describing how debilitating it is, as well as focusing only on the N24 and not my colitis. 

I dont intend to be making application after application of failed attempts, but the truth of the matter is that I am physically and mentally unable to work fulltime anymore and I need a couple of hundred in PIP per month to bridge the gap so I can pay my bills.  
  • lukeuk
    @Username_removed what yove said though is contradictory to what admins have told me on here.

Firstly, I just want to adress you've just done what I described as prejudice. 30 to 90 minutes of regeneration is still some regeneration. It's not the same as no regeneration at all.  

Secondly, I did match live events to descriptors on my application which got me nowhere. I only struggle when asked on the spot to recall things. 

Then, moving onto your point about a representative, I asked over and over again on here for help in finding one, and admins kept telling me there is no need for one. 

Also, there are loads of YouTube videos about PIP and tribunal experiences, I watched one guy who went to court and the judge had to postpone the court because his representative knew one of the panel members and the judge actually said to him, that it would be in his favour and that he should consider getting all of your medical letters because as it stood he didnt have a case, they then proceeded to get all of his medical letters and they made him win his case. 

I'm not an idiot Mike, I have done a ton of research and when doing my written application all I did was match how my symptoms match up to the descriptors  and did examples and I repeated what I put in the booklet to her  But the assessor didn't put that in her report. 

I'm starting to get a rather unsupportive vibe from you, and since I come here for support its counterproductive. I havent met a lot of people who support the new system, DLA was much fairer under the labour government, conservatives have just yet again made it harder for people with a disability to live. 

Can you do me favour and not reply with anything inflammatory, you come across very managerial. If the system really worked,.I wouldnt be here. Just because your experience was positive in getting pip doesn't mean  that the system works. 
  • lukeuk
    @Username_removed I didnt say labour brought in DLA? I said it was conservative that decided to change it from DLA to PIP and hundreds of disabled people have now lost out in payments as a result. 

If you are not a claimant, what is your background? Do you work for the DWP, the courts, or another government body?  

I'm not going to keep doing this back and forth anymore it's getting me infuriated, and by me deciding not to does not mean I give in to your side of things, i simply just dont have the energy and dont gave anything to gain.  I came here for like minded individuals to show a little empathy.  To which we are not. For example, if you had a bad day at work, you came home to your wife, told her, and she started to side with the thing or person that made you unhappy, that's the sane as me having a bad experience of the pip process, coming here for support, and getting an individual who is showing allegiance for the system. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lukeuk - I'm sorry to read that @Username_removed comments have disconcerted you. This is indeed a very supportive community. The only brief response from Admins was that you didn't need a lawyer/solicitor, but representation could help with a tribunal, so his response was not contradicting that. You were previously advised by them to check https://advicelocal.uk/
    I also spent some time reading through your previous threads.
    I don't feel Mike was prejudicial in describing his own personal deprivation of sleep over his ill child, rather showing empathy, even tho your problems may be way worse.
    The PIP system, as any, isn't perfect, but people here give the very best advice they can in order to help, & we need to just work with what is currently in place.
    If you click on your username, then 'Replies' you can check on what has been said in your previous posts, & check the veracity of my comments.
    No-one is against you here; people comment as they're genuinely trying to help.

• lukeuk
    @chiarieds just stop it now. I don't need people ganging up on me. That's the definition of bullying.
    I really wish I could just block people on here. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Certainly not my intent, & sorry you perceived it that way. If you don't want to see someones posts here, click on your username. You will see a cogwheel icon under this to the extreme right, under that click on 'Edit profile' & you will see there's an 'Ignore list'. Then add the usernames of those you wish to ignore.
  • lukeuk
    @chiarieds dont you dare do the fake apology line with me. How thick do you think I am? An apology is an acknowledgement of wrongdoing by the individual who did wrong. All you did was say I perceived something incorrectly. I did not. You saw I was getting annoyed at one particular member in this thread, so what did you do? you echoed their voice. And you say I'm the one with a bad sense of perception. How could you possibly think that would go down well.

I'm now telling both yourself and @Username_removed to stop weighing in on MY thread. Go and troll somewhere else. 

Seriously. Neither of you reply, if you want to genuinely so right, then do nothing and leave this thread. 
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.