Phrenic nerve palsy — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Phrenic nerve palsy

Nia
Nia Community member Posts: 2 Listener
So good to find you guys (despite the circumstances), I came across this forum by chance and after reading your messages I feel confident that I have Phrenic nerve palsy. It gets worse when I lie down and the smallest task gets me winded. I had an emerge visit which tested for Covid-19 (negative), did a chest X-ray (clear) and was sent home. But my misery didn't go away so I went to see my GP. My GP said it was mild Asthma and gave me Breo, when that didn't work he suspected allergies. He is a great doctor and I know he is trying the best he can to help me. I have an appointment tomorrow and I plan to discuss Phrenic nerve palsy with him. I would never have thought of this if I hadn't come across this forum so thank you! I will update after the appointment.

Comments

• Sranang
    Sranang Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    welcome to the site Nia? and all the best with your appointment!
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sranang

Good Morning & Welcome it’s great to meet you.

I am one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with????

@steve51
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,822 Scope online community team
    Good luck at your appointment @Nia. I hope your doctor is able to help you and can look into phrenic nerve palsy as a possibility. Please let us know how you get on. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nia Welcome to the community its great to have you on board and really pleased you found us here and have found some information useful to you.

Good luck with the appointment
  • Nia
    Nia Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you so much everyone for the warm welcome. I apologize for not posting sooner, the last few days (including today) have been quite difficult in terms of breathing. My GP confirmed that I had Phrenic nerve damage which is causing some degree of diaphragmatic paralysis. He thinks/hope's it's temporary and should go away once the respiratory infection goes away. Fingers crossed. Has anyone recovered from this, and what was your process for improving breathing? I can now see how it affects quality of life?. Thank you all
  • PregnantVirgin
    PregnantVirgin Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    any update? I have APD and distend like crazy

Brightness