PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

Tomtom111
Tomtom111 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
2 weeks ago had my telephone review for pip had a text saying I should know in 6 weeks, I am now very anxious I am Bi Polar which is now getting worse, anyone else like this. 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi how are you today? You can now phone them and ask for a copy of the assessors report, which will give you a good idea of what the award might be, once requested it should usually take only a few days to get to you.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Tomtom111. The wait for a decision is very stressful. Have you requested a copy of the assessor's report? It can give you an idea of what the assessor has recommended and may help for you to have something to focus on. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tomtom111 Welcome to the community, nice to have you on board.

It is very frustrating waiting for a decision but 2 weeks isn't a long wait in current times, DWP are dealing with a huge increase in benefits claims and all this on reduced staff. I know this doesn't help you but unfortunately other than get your report as suggested you can only wait for the decision 
  • Brumboy68
    Brumboy68 Community member Posts: 77 Courageous
    I heard in about three weeks your wait won't be too much longer fingers crossed for you..

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.