Help anyone please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help anyone please

Options
Sandra_63
Sandra_63 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
My good friends son who is 32 gets enhanced rate for care. he’s was in a special needs unit has ADHD and anger issues. my son has anxiety and paranoia and we got declined for PIP. but how has my good friends son got it straight away? I’m not saying he shouldn’t but he got it why can’t we. sorry for the rant. I’m not clued up ( at all ). But he got it straight away we didn’t. He even got 5 years! 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Sandra_63 Welcome to the community.

It isn't easy to say why one person gets PIP and another doesn't, it is all down to the application, the assessment and the decision maker based on how the condition affects a persons daily living.

Did you request a MR when your son was declined, you have 1 month after the decision for this (this can be extended to 13 months )

I suggest you look through the report and see where you think your son should have scorned points and why and if you think it is incorrect get in touch and put in for MR.

MR are often not successful and give the same decision and thjen it would mean going to a tribunal appeal
  • Sandra_63
    Sandra_63 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    @janer1967 thanks for your response. my friends son who got it because they said his is a “lifelong” condition. he is not allowed to go to assessments because it triggers his ADHD off and makes him angry and aggressive so she said his only gets done by paper based assessment. he got 5 years. wouldn’t surprise me if he gets another 5 years. can you get a copy of your PIP2 form? do they keep it on file for years. any indication. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi 

Yes you can request a copy of the form I'm not too sure how long they are kept on file but would think for a few years. Contact DWP to request a copy 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.