Pip sorted but strange dwp letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip sorted but strange dwp letter

Options
Brumboy68
Brumboy68 Community member Posts: 77 Courageous
Strange brown letter from dwp arrived this morning saying they had increased my pip from £61.2 to £62.25. I have only just got my award letter last week stating that.  So not sure why I got the letter. Dwp have also made a mess of my ESA payment which was due to be made today ( and had been for years) but wasn't paid. So I rang them up and they said that because my pip will be made every four weeks on Tuesdays. My fortnightly ESA will now be paid on Tuesdays too. How can they do that without telling you I'm not happy with that at all, they didn't seem to bothered on the phone. I said changing dates of payments should be made by letter to the claimant. I was shocked this morning when it wasn't there.  Bless the DWP.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Brumboy68 Welcome, I would imagine the change in PIP payment will be the annual increase.

Im not sure about them changing the date of your ESA payments maybe you can call again you may get a different person who is a bit more friendly
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Brumboy68, did you manage to figure out the letter? I imagine it wasn't a pleasant surprise!  
    Scope

• Brumboy68
    Brumboy68 Community member Posts: 77 Courageous
    Options
    I presume it was the annual increase in pip. I will wait and see . My next payment is due on the 23rd
    My ESA is all over the place. Got paid Tuesday intsead of Monday. And have had two letters sibce saying they are paying the same amount into my bank. They are crackers. I have checked haven't had any extra and don't expect any I guess the letters just are a follow up to why I queried why I didn't get paid Monday, and got paid Tuesday instead

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.