Urgent help anyone cheers. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Urgent help anyone cheers.

samfits99
samfits99 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
PIP said I will receive my award review around October time. 

As I’ve been on it 4 years in March 2021.

i scored 0 points for reading and writing despite needing extra help in a special needs unit ( starting this ). I got enhanced for daily living. but feel like I should of got points for this!!!!

is it worth mentioning this? my brother fills my form out. I only sign and date it which is very unclear but I guess acceptable as I am required to sign it. 

Worth mentioning on my award review? 

Thanks all. 

Comments

• samfits99
    @Username_removed I struggle with my reading and writing. I was in a special needs school. I have evidence. I’m going to get my brother who writes my forms out to add it in. tbh it wouldn’t bother me if they don’t give it me as I no I have way too much evidence to back my facts up anyway. and no I am entitled to more points. 
  • samfits99
    @Username_removed me personally as a educated guess I reckon they will keep me on the same rate for another few years. I’m looking at all the descriptors to see where I should be legally gaining my points. 
  • samfits99
    @Username_removed only time will tell. I don’t go to assessments or I am not allowed home visits as I’m a danger to myself and them. So everything gets done paper based. ?
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    If you already get enhanced daily living there's really no point looking for more points, you're already getting the maximum amount of money.

The points I got seemed a little odd, and so did others that I've spoken to since.  As long as you get enough points for the award that you're entitled, that's all that matters really. :) 
  • samfits99
    @OverlyAnxious yes that’s true. I got awarded 4 years “. Around October will get award review letter. Is there a good chance I could get the same award?
  • samfits99
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    samfits99 said:
    @OverlyAnxious yes that’s true. I got awarded 4 years “. Around October will get award review letter. Is there a good chance I could get the same award?
    If nothing has changed and the form is filled in more or less the same then I'd hope there's a good chance of you getting the same award.  None of us can say for definite unfortunately.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Have answered on your latest thread.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @samfits99 Nobody can guess if you will be awarded the same but as others have said complete the review with the view it is a new application putting ass much detail as possible about how your condition affects your daily living. Also sending in medical evidence that is new you don't need to send stuff they have already had.

Currently reviews are not taking place those people who have a review about to end and have not had a re-assessment are having their award extended for 6 months
  • samfits99
    @janer1967 thank you so much for your reply. I will treat it like a new application. would they go off my first PIP2 form though? where I didn’t score any points for reading and writing despite it being clear on my school special needs report letters? and having someone sit in class with me every day! Is it worth mentioning or not? I get enhanced for daily living. just debating. when would you say call up if I haven’t got the award review letter? Someone also said don’t send the same stuff again. what about me going to a special needs school? 
  • janer1967
    Hi you should detail how your condition affects you against all the descriptors regardless of what you scored points on before.

Only send new evidence if they already have it dont send again 

Answered about timescales on your other post 

Also it is about how your condition is now not when you were at school 
  • samfits99
    @janer1967 thank you for your speedy reply. obviously that’s when I was in school over 10 years ago. but the decision maker I spoke to a long time ago did say with you being in a special needs unit supported my claim massively. ( his words not mine). but I will check the descriptors again and see where I can gain my points. will cross that bridge when I come to it. tbh didn’t think with me having ADHD , Dyselixa , and going to a special needs school would help.
  • janer1967
    The evidence is worth sending as it shows recognition of your needs but in the form they need to know how it affects your daily living now 
  • samfits99
    @janer1967 I agree and no what your saying thank you. ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.