ESA and endowment mortgage maturing - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA and endowment mortgage maturing

Options
2»

Comments

• Mikeornot
    Mikeornot Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Options

Received my letter, and thought it was fair.

The DWP accepted that my mortgage, overdraft and credit card payments were not part of my left over capital.

Hopefully this information can help someone else.

• deasson58
    deasson58 Community member Posts: 3 Connected
    Options
    DWP rejected my defence when I payed a pension lump sum to my Building Society even when providing the terms of my mortgage repayment contract stating that the mortgage would be repaid via pension lump sums, after being unable to work due to severe disability after an accident. I got a lump sum of £32000 (all payed to my Building Society) and a pension of £300pm. DWP decided to remove most of my ESA and disability premiums and morgage relief totalling £880 a month and reduced my payments to £32 a week.

I notified them months before the pension was due and explained that the lump sum would be paid over as per my agreement with the building society to avoid losing my home, didn't make a blind difference, they would rather see you homeless that use common sense!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.