Telephone tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Telephone tribunal

Options
Cathro
Cathro Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi just got a letter about my trbuneral over the phone. If they don't see me they won't see. How bad I am 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Cathro. Lots of people feel like this but the current success rates of telephone tribunals is quite high. Rather than visual observations they will be more reliant on you being able to describe your situation but that isn't always a bad thing.
    How long until your tribunal? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Cathro Welcome to the community. Unfortunately all tribunals are being done over the phone at present if it is possible to do so. If not there will be even longer waiting times until they are allowed to take place in person.

You will have the chance to explain your reason for appeal and why you think you should have scored more points against the descriptors, so you will be able to explain your condition and how it affects you, remember this is an appeal and not an assessment.

They will only take into account your condition at the time you applied and not any worsening condition

Good luck hope ity goes well and keep us updated
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Options
    hi @Adrian_Scope ive rang dwp, waited 35 mins to get through, man said they have my assessment there but it didnt have anything relevant on it, i asked if there was a case manager available but there wasnt, i mentioned i could request some feedback, man said there isnt much on here, i said i would ring again friday or next mon
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Sorry I just posted to you in another thread @katho31. It sounds as though he was looking for a decision when it's just the actual assessment report which is why he thought it would be irrelevant. Next time you call ask them to send it out to you anyway, you can decide what is relevant. :) 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.