Always tried on sertraline? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Always tried on sertraline?

Michyh
Michyh Community member Posts: 48 Connected
Since starting 50mg everyday all day I’m so so tried. Even though I’m getting 9 hours sleep a night. Is this normally? 

Comments

• Wini1960
    Wini1960 Community member Posts: 130 Pioneering
    Hi Michyh first how long have you been taking sertraline may I ask?
  • Michyh
    Hi 
    thanks for replying, I’ll be going into my 6th week of taking it. 
  • Wini1960
    Hi Michyh I've found some information that could be of use to you.
    It usually takes 4 to 6 weeks for sertraline to work. Side effects such as feeling sick, headaches and trouble sleeping are common. They're usually mild and go away after a couple of weeks. I would ask for a telephone consultation with your GP as the medication could be too much. I take citalopram in the morning for depression and amitriptyline at night for nerve pains. I have first thing in the morning I feel tired but after doing some exercise like ie I can use my stationary bike (if I'm not in the grip of depression) I dont feel so tired. I hope this helps.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community I hope you have found the information from others useful. I don't have any knowledge of this but just wanted to say hi and welcome
  • Wini1960
    Hi Janer1967 thank you.
  • Michyh
    Thank u for information. When I was on citalopram I did feel as drain and tried as this. And I’m still getting the panic and anxiety attacks at night when I try and sleep. Sometimes in the day to my heart will start beating so fast and I start to feel cold, then I know a episode will happen shortly
  • Wini1960
    Hi.Michyh you definitely need to have a talk with your GP. If your taking your medication regularly and taking it as long as you have been you need without delay to speak to your surgery.GP or pharmacist at your GP surgery. All the best.
  • Michyh
    Thank u, did make call request for a doctor to call me on Monday. 
  • Wini1960
    Great I'm sure they will help you. All the very best.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Michyh when I started taking Sertraline 50mg (5 years ago) I remember being tired a lot more than usual, also it made my anxiety worse but eventually got better. I've had to increase over the years, now been on 150mg for the last 3 years and they have helped massively.

The reason behind the upper dosage was 2 different events happened which affected me badly. Sertraline has been a lifesaver, I used to experience panic attacks countless times a day every day. Now they are very rare. Hope this helps :) 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness