PIP: mobility changes — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP: mobility changes

Options
delise1
delise1 Community member Posts: 55 Connected
edited June 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello can anyone help me with this question my pip was extended due to Coronavirus but my mobility has changed whenever I walked I feel constant pain I only can walked for a short wild before I start feeling terrible pain in my knees. But I am worried about phoning pip to let them know about change with my mobility my doctor send me for an   Xtray scan for my knee July and put me back an tramadol can anyone help me and let me know what evidence  I need when I phone thank you for your help. 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @delise1, what award do you currently get from PIP? 
    Scope

• delise1
    Options
    Hi chloe _scope thanks for getting back I received   Enchanced rate daily living and standard rate mobility 
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Options
    hi, i hope i get any rate of daily living/mobility
  • delise1
    Options
    Hello Katho31 I don't understand the answer to this question are you talking about yourself? 
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Options
    hi @delise1, yes im talking about myself
  • delise1
    Options
    Hello katho31 did you just have your Assessment done if so I wish you all the best and fingers crossed you will get both living and mobility 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @delise1 Hello and welcome. I would suggest that if your PIP is already due to end and it has been extended due to covid I wouldn't bother reporting the change in circumstances.

By reporting a change this will trigger a new assessment anyway and if you are due one anyway there isn't any point as this wouldn't be dealt with any quicker than your review. Also reporting a change means the whole award is reviewed and could result in a loss of what you have now it could also be a gain.

Hope this helps and you underdstand what I am saying

I am presuming you are hoping to get a higher rate for mobility 
  • delise1
    Options
    Hi janer1967 thanks for your reply yes I hope that they would because I cannot walked very far without feeling  Severe pain in both feet. I also suffered from chronic pain and fatigue  and anxiety this is a lot of pain for me to cope with 
  • delise1
    Options
    Hi mikenhughescq thanks for your reply I really appreciate it thanks again i will try to get some more advice before I phone them. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.