PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP: mobility changes

delise1delise1 Member Posts: 55 Connected
edited June 2020 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hello can anyone help me with this question my pip was extended due to Coronavirus but my mobility has changed whenever I walked I feel constant pain I only can walked for a short wild before I start feeling terrible pain in my knees. But I am worried about phoning pip to let them know about change with my mobility my doctor send me for an   Xtray scan for my knee July and put me back an tramadol can anyone help me and let me know what evidence  I need when I phone thank you for your help. 

Replies

• Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,653 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @delise1, what award do you currently get from PIP? 
    Scope

• delise1delise1 Member Posts: 55 Connected
    Hi chloe _scope thanks for getting back I received   Enchanced rate daily living and standard rate mobility 
  • katho31katho31 Posts: 694 Member
    hi, i hope i get any rate of daily living/mobility
    Hello Katho31 I don't understand the answer to this question are you talking about yourself? 
  • katho31katho31 Posts: 694 Member
    hi @delise1, yes im talking about myself
    Hello katho31 did you just have your Assessment done if so I wish you all the best and fingers crossed you will get both living and mobility 
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,139 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @delise1 Hello and welcome. I would suggest that if your PIP is already due to end and it has been extended due to covid I wouldn't bother reporting the change in circumstances.

By reporting a change this will trigger a new assessment anyway and if you are due one anyway there isn't any point as this wouldn't be dealt with any quicker than your review. Also reporting a change means the whole award is reviewed and could result in a loss of what you have now it could also be a gain.

Hope this helps and you underdstand what I am saying

I am presuming you are hoping to get a higher rate for mobility 
    Hi janer1967 thanks for your reply yes I hope that they would because I cannot walked very far without feeling  Severe pain in both feet. I also suffered from chronic pain and fatigue  and anxiety this is a lot of pain for me to cope with 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,575 Disability Gamechanger
    You presumably currently score in 2c or 2d and are looking for 2e?

” e. Can stand and then move more than 1 metre but no more than 20 metres, either aided or unaided.  12 points.”

Under 20m is a tough ask. Has your new level of impaired mobility been like this for more than 3 months? That’s your starting point. The next question then would be whether you have done any measuring of the actual distances you can cover out of doors? There’s no requirement to do this but humans are generally appalling at estimating distance so it’s good to get some specifics. Google Maps or especially the Strava app are your friends here. 

Then you need to look at what you can do reliably. Definition is below.

Reliably, in a timely fashion, repeatedly and safely
    An individual must be able to complete an activity descriptor reliably, in a timely fashion, repeatedly and safely; and where indicated, using aids and appliances or with support from another person (or, for activity 10, a support dog). Otherwise they should be considered unable to complete the activity described at that level.

Reliably means to a reasonable standard.

In a timely fashion means in less than twice the time it would take for an individual without any impairment.

Repeatedly means completed as often during the day as the individual activity requires. Consideration needs to be given to the cumulative effects of symptoms such as pain and fatigue – i.e. whether completing the activity adversely affects the individual’s ability to subsequently complete other activities.

Safely means in a fashion that is unlikely to cause harm to the individual, either directly or through vulnerability to the actions of others; or to another person.

What you’d be asking for here is a supersession and you can ask for a form to look at the one component not both. There’s no guarantee they will confine the,serves to the influence however if you write something which raises a question about your current daily living entitlement. 

Supersessions are still taking place and May well take place a little faster than waiting for your renewal although there are no guarantees on this. Right now it’s worth thinking about the above; thinking whether you fit the above then seeking advice from a local advice service before you report anything. 

Hi mikenhughescq thanks for your reply I really appreciate it thanks again i will try to get some more advice before I phone them. 

Sign in or join us to comment.