I might be getting there... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I might be getting there...

Options
Miss_Annmarie
Miss_Annmarie Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
So back in Jan of 2019 my doctor told me that they did not think i would return to work, i have a number of bone and joint problems, including Osteoarthritis arthritis of the spine, spondylosis  of the cervical and lumber spine and cam deformities in my hip joints, meaning that i cannot walk very far, and i cannot sit on a office type chair for long, well any chair really... on top of this i have chronic depression.. so i had a face to face and was told i was fit to return to work as they don't take pain into account when assessing if somebody can work or not, and because i can do shopping if i lean on a trolley and walk slowly with frequent rests, i am good to return to work, not to mention the old empty box... i do get PiP lower mobility and care, so after waiting for 18 months on total i called the tribunal courts up today to see what is happening, as i am getting desperate, no new clothes for 18 months, washer of the fritz, and no money go go anywhere, im stuck in alone 24 hours a day especially with covid. so anyway they said i am now at the top of the pile and should be getting a listing within the next week or so yay!, i suppose i just wanted to tell someone, thanks so much for listening :)

Comments

• charlie79
    charlie79 Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello welcome, 
    I  hope things improve and you get results hoped for. I understand what you mean getting things off your chest. I find it difficult to talk but when problems arise.
    I find someone just taking 2 mins of there time to listen helps the loneliness and is a comfort.
    I can't give you any useful advise, but I have moments I can listen well in this case read.
    Charlie

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.