Pip tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip tribunal

efrahill73
efrahill73 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I'm a new member I got one of my very few good days today meaning opening my mail and trying to sort this Pip tribunal I'm not even ready .I don't leave my house have an arthritic hip suspected coped osteoporosis depression suffer migraines 2/3/4 times a week a rubbish Medical practice. I'm 7.1/2  years I don't think I've seen the same Dr twice I have house calls I'm in 24/7 pain with my hip & also athiritus in my arms n legs after broken arms & legs just over 2 years ago I tripped on some loose limo on my friend s kitchen floor cracked my inside ankle & shin bone that's how fragile my bones are .I can only walk 10/15 steps on my crutches before I need to rest & catch my breath & my hearing date is 3 weeks time I don't have help I'm a totally house bound.the only thing keeping me alive is my lovely Cat suzie

Comments

• efrahill73
    efrahill73 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    edited June 2020
    I got my Pip phone tribunal in 3 weeks how do I get a medical update from my doctor. My gp surgery is rubbish I have house calls only since just after my Pip was stopped I don't leave my house have an arthritic hip suspected coped osteoporosis every time I have a Dr visit its a different Dr they don't even know anything about my medical history. I suffer bad chest infection s I'm also in 24/ 7 pain with my arthritic hip  & arthritis.  They ask me stupid Q  like what' do I need painkillers amatriptaline for I say my hip they ask me why they haven't a clue because my depression has had all different affects since this started becoming worse they won't give me any medication because my amatriptaline should do both I also suffer osteoporosis for near thirty years I've had numerous broken arms & a broken ankle & shin bone together leaving me in a wheelchair as I Carney walk without crutches unroll I have a hip replacement on the left which is 70% chance I'll be free of pain a  get my mobility back how can I get medical support in this short time I also have blackouts sorry if this is confusing its been very hard for me to to write or even ask for help I desperate for any help advise I feel like my head will explode my memory is very  bad & I forget the most important things also I don't want my full name shown for everyone to see as I'm embarrassed enough is why I've missed a few things out any help or advise would be much appreciated 
  • LouiseH
    LouiseH Community member Posts: 96 Courageous
    Hi @efrahill73 welcome to the site :smile: I have two cats, Smidge and Boo. They're a great help during bad, and good times. There's some really knowledgeable people in here regarding pip and tribunals, so if you need any help or advice then don't hesitate to ask. I look forward to seeing you around the Scope community.
    Louise :smile:
    Louise Hesketh
    Community Champion
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @efrahill73. I have four cats, you could say I'm a bit of a crazy cat lady!  :D

I'm sorry you don't have support around you and I imagine the tribunal can't be helping. Have you ever had a needs assessment?

This is separate to PIP, but could give you access to equipment and/or physical support that could make things a little easier for you.
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome Sorry to heat about your difficulties to get medical update from you GP you will have to request them to copy any medical notes from the date you require. If you p0lan on using this for your tribunal you will need to send acopy to the court in advance of the hearing.

To prepare for the tribunal go through your bundle and highlight areas you feel you have not been scored correctly and the reason why eg how you are affected and think of real examples of what happened when you tried to do the task. For example don't just put when I walk I get tired, be specific as when I walk I go 10 steps and I have to sit down and rest I am then in too much pain to walk any further until I have rested for 2 hours

When you have all the points you want to address mark them off as covered at the tribunal and any not covered you can go through when they ask if you have anything further to add

Good luck and keep us updated

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.