PIP Appeal- don’t think I can do it!! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Appeal- don’t think I can do it!!

sheZZa
sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
I have my PIP Appeal on Friday and I don’t think I can do it. It’s making me so ill with worry. It’s just not worth it. I haven’t gone through the bundle of documents yet as they only arrived on Thursday and another set today. My son and I are going to read through them thoroughly tonight and tomorrow. I managed to submit some extra evidence last week which has been allowed. My community mental health nurse has written a supportive letter and in it she has said that the worry of this appeal has given me suicidal thoughts. I hope this is taken into account. I’m very nearly done..! 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Dont give up the fight after coming so far, is it a telephone tribunal ?

They are not always that bad at least if phone there is no face to face to worry over,

Have a good read through and highlight the areas you want to get across that you don't agree with and prepare to explain why you don't agree eg how you are you affected when trying to complete the task

Make a closing summary as they will ask if you have anything to ask and this will make sure you cover everything in case their questions dont

Good luck and keep us updated
  • sheZZa
    @janer1967
    I’m shaking and have been for the last 8/9 days. Thanks for reminding me about a closing statement. I will write how disappointed I am at being failed by the DWP twice for the same claim and the lies that were written. I’ll keep you posted x
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I would try and avoid too much about the lies and focus on how you are affected . I know you want to get the point across about DWP failings and lies but it wont do you any favours 
  • Miss_Annmarie
    Miss_Annmarie Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
    please take comfort in the fact that a very high percentage of appeals are successful, and you have medical people backing you up, these people are independent and do everything they can to help you through the experience, i think of it like this, after Friday will you be any worse off than you are right now? no but there is a very good chance you will be much better off emotionally and hopefully financially, keep you chine up, everyone here i routing for you..

• sheZZa
    @janer1967
    I was thinking about saying how disappointed I am asking for help and being let down.
    Thank you for your advice x
  • sheZZa
    @Miss_Annmarie
    I have been thinking that and counting the days until it’s over. Though  into hours, minutes and seconds yet x
  • efrahill73
    efrahill73 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    sheZZa said:
    @janer1967
    I’m shaking and have been for the last 8/9 days. Thanks for reminding me about a closing statement. I will write how disappointed I am at being failed by the DWP twice for the same claim and the lies that were written. I’ll keep you posted x

• sheZZa
    @Username_removed
    thank you for your answer. I think I may have blown it then before it starts. I’ve written a letter saying I was surprised that I wasn’t awarded the same as last time. I wasn’t well at the time and had support from the DWP to complete the form and and it was sent back without enough information written on it which is why I’m appealing. It’s not a complaint or running anyone down it’s more the reason why I think that awards were wrong and that is why I’m I’m appealing. I have new evidence which I think should go in my favour but I will just have to wait and see. It’s been a shambles all the way through :(
  • Miss_Annmarie
    Miss_Annmarie Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
    @sheZZa Don't worry about that, saying you are surprised means that you were confident in your entitlement , it is reasonable to tell them you have Further evidence, Don't call it new evidence, it may have been a good idea to send a copy the evidence with the letter, however you will have a chance to present this in tour hearing, and if they need a physical copy of this they will ask you to send it to them, at worst all it can do is delay their decision while they wait for that... You are entitled to this and take stock in that, let it give you confidence and let it bring out the positive, easier said than done i know, before the meeting take some quiet time and bolster yourself, if you need make notes. you can have someone in the room with you, however they wont be able to speak for you.. You Can Do This!!  :) 
  • sheZZa
    @Miss_Annmarie
    That’s reassuring. Thank you. I have sent the further evidence via email and recorded delivery last week. I’ve had an email that they have received it and it has been accepted and a copy posted to the DWP.
  • sheZZa
    @Username_removed
    That’s reassuring too. I’m going through the documents now with my son who is my representative. Happy days.
  • sheZZa
    @Username_removed
    They have confirmed that they have received the copies of further evidence and are going to send copies to the DWP for their information.  The Court has also sent me back copies of the evidence with each page numbered and requested that I put it in the file. I feel that it is good evidence. One is a report from my mental health support nurse confirming my illness, the way it impacts on my life, the support I need and that it is a life long illness. It confirms everything that I have said but which the HA chose to ignore. I’ve two other reports that I think will be supportive but I’ll just have to wait and see. Roll on Friday afternoon when, hopefully this will all be over. 
  • sheZZa
    @Username_removed
    i was working on it all of yesterday and will have to double check I’ve done that. I’ve explained how my panic attacks and anxiety impact on me when leaving the house etc. Is this what you mean? I don’t understand if the evidence has little impact why do you need to send it?  
  • sheZZa
    @Username_removed
    I think I’ve done that so will double check and maybe go into a bit more detail if I need to. Not had much time but although very stressful and rushed I think it’s just as well that I haven’t had months to dwell on it or I’d be in an ever worse state.
  • sheZZa
    @Username_removed
    sorry to be a pain and I hope you don’t mind me asking but I’m going through the ha’s report thoroughly for the first time due to chronic pain and severe depression. It is full of lies and inaccuracies. This has not been submitted as my evidence so as I haven’t challenged it, is it worth continuing with the appeal? Or will my new evidence and answers to the descriptors and giving more details about why I think they’re wrong be enough? Sorry to be a pain but anxiety is getting the better of me and I can’t stop shaking. I’m working really hard on it but don’t want to waste everyone’s time.  I’d also like to thank you very much for your patience x
  • sheZZa
    @Username_removed
    okay I’ll do that. The whole report is wrong. She even said that I consented to a physical assessment but was did not. She never asked and I never had one. These people are pure evil. Thank you. 
  • Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    hi shezza, good luck my son had his telephone appeal this morning. I know exactly how you are feeling. Keep calm x
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,634 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi shezza just wanted to wish you luck for tomorrow, al be saying a wee prayer for you, let’s no how you get on take care ?
  • sheZZa
    @lulu1949
    @Lou67
    thank you. That’s very kind of you both. I’m just finishing off my statement and then I’m done until tomorrow.
    ill keep you posted xx
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,634 Disability Gamechanger

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.