What to expect — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What to expect

wickerman46
wickerman46 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Just moved in with partner and live as a mixed age couple. My partner as retired and gets state pension and a nominal private pension. I am 50 and been on ESA support group since 2011. We have had to apply for universal credit for housing benefit by the results of benefit calculator we are going to be worse off. Hoping my disability premium transfers over. But got to wait until 14th July to see how much we are entitled to. 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @wickerman46.

Your support group status on ESA should transition to your UC and appear as LCWRA (£341.92) on your statement breakdown. If it is missing please query it as it isn't uncommon for them to make a mistake. Best of luck with your claim. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • wickerman46
    wickerman46 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks. Looking at the benefits calculator my partners pensions cancel out most of the benefit. Without disability we will really struggle
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @wickerman46 Welcome to the community, I hope you dont end up being too much worse off try and look at by working out what you both had individually and what you both paid out and then do the same as a couple that id the real way yo work out any difference.

I think a lot of people are put off moving in together due to these issues

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.