Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

What to expect

wickerman46wickerman46 Member Posts: 2 Listener
Just moved in with partner and live as a mixed age couple. My partner as retired and gets state pension and a nominal private pension. I am 50 and been on ESA support group since 2011. We have had to apply for universal credit for housing benefit by the results of benefit calculator we are going to be worse off. Hoping my disability premium transfers over. But got to wait until 14th July to see how much we are entitled to. 


  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,954

    Scope community team

    Hello @wickerman46.

    Your support group status on ESA should transition to your UC and appear as LCWRA (£341.92) on your statement breakdown. If it is missing please query it as it isn't uncommon for them to make a mistake. Best of luck with your claim. 
    Senior Community Partner

    Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
  • wickerman46wickerman46 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks. Looking at the benefits calculator my partners pensions cancel out most of the benefit. Without disability we will really struggle
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,337 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @wickerman46 Welcome to the community, I hope you dont end up being too much worse off try and look at by working out what you both had individually and what you both paid out and then do the same as a couple that id the real way yo work out any difference.

    I think a lot of people are put off moving in together due to these issues
Sign in or join us to comment.