Confused about pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confused about pip

lauren987
lauren987 Community member Posts: 49 Connected
Hi im confused, my tribunal was on tuesday gone and i won, pip received and updated my file today which is friday, i got told by one person ill get an award letter posted out today then by another person i wont. I was told by the first person i spoke to pip are not going to appeal my case but how can they be so sure when its only been received today? Has anyone else had their tribunal sent to pip within a few days and if so when did you get payment? Thanks

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @lauren987, Hello and welcome, the person you spoke to has miss informed you, the DWP have 30 days to appeal the tribunal ruling. So expect to wait at least a six to eight weeks for any notification and official confirmation of your award plus details of monies owed and the new regular payments that are to be made.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,623 Disability Gamechanger
    @lauren987. Just want to say congratulations on winning your appeal, I had one a cpl of years ago, it took a cpl of weeks to get the letter, and I received my back pay roughly 4 weeks after the appeal, I hope you receive word soon. 
  • lauren987
    Thanks, its stressed me out as ive been waiting so long. The woman i spoke to seemed to think everything was fine with my tribunal win. Ive not eaten properly in days and probably wont until its sorted out as stress can impact me big time. Ive been waiting since 2015 in total since first claiming pip and had nothing but stress after stress. Someone said to me her award was updated last tues and shes getting money monday so i can just hope ill have a quicker result
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,623 Disability Gamechanger
    Fingers crossed for you ☺️
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    The DWP can only appeal a tribunal decision (as you can ) on a point of law, which is unusual.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• lauren987
    @woodbine im not too concerned about that as it was based on my medical evidence why i won. Just hate the wait and being told different stuff. This morning i was told my tribunal award had come through and that pip are not appealing it yet my tribunal was only tues gone, then i got told a letters being sent from dwp today then a guy in another call asked me questions about if id stayed in hospital etc so its confused me to fudge. Im just hoping it gets sorted by next week as they been acting fast atm
  • Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    @woodbine, thanks that is good to know about the point of law
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lauren987 - Just to add a little, when you get asked if you've been in hospital, etc. this is completely normal as PIP stops if you've been in hospital for more than 28 days, then starts again when you come out. So it's just a check to see if there were any times there 'may' have been a gap in PIP payment, as they work out the monies you will receive.
    I rang the DWP about a completely different matter (my National Insurance contributions), & got 3 different answers; it happens, unfortunately. Hope you get a letter soon & find out how much you'll get, & when. :)
  • lauren987
    Yeah im not too concerned about those questions as i seen its normal. I just hope they dont lie about my answers. Just annoying when i get told several different things with ocd and severe anxiety it sends me all over the place unable to control the stress and overthinking 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Unfortunately that is the case with DWP depends entirely who you get on the phone and how much experience they have also at present times they are all working in unknown departments due to the huge increase in number of claims to deal with.

I know this doesn't help you and its very frustrating , patience is a virtue so they say, may be best to wait till the envelope drops 
  • lauren987
    Yeah im going to give them a call next week though as someone had their award tuesday and is getting money monday so with any luck it wont be too long. So blimming annoying when you get told one thing then another as with people like me it creates a volcano of stress and worry over the littlest thing said or done ?
  • janer1967
    I know and can understand the stress 

Note tho just because someone else had quick turnaround not everyone will depends on DM and their workload  and as mentioned above they have time to appeal not done often but they normally wait till this wait period is over before making payment 

Also I'm not trying to upset but the more you ring the more time they are spending dealing with the calls rather than actioning payment
  • lauren987
  • lauren987
    @janer1967 though i thought the ones that take the calls dont do alot as its the case managers that do most of the work. Hopefully not much to do now as the guy on the phone asked me the hospital, prison, etc questions they usually ring for to save time and get the ball rolling
  • janer1967
    Yes they normally ask those questions just before processing payments 

DM have to answer calls if there is lots calls waiting and if call centre put through queries 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.