Hello — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello

JaneCambs
JaneCambs Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
Hello, I joined yesterday. I don’t get a lot of me time so I might drop in now and again. I am a widowed parent to a little boy with ASD. Life has been extra busy of late. I hope everyone is staying safe and well. Nice to find a community online. It’s been very quite in my house, as my son is none verbal with a developmental delay. But he is a delight and I couldn’t of got through this without him. We have been stuck at home since around feb 16th. My coping mechanism has been to focus on my boy and it has been wonderful. Hard, expensive, but wonderful. I don’t do social media (Too many reminders of my late husband) and my family live abroad, so its normally only ever me and my boy. He does attend a special school but not right now. It’s amazing how much you can miss the sound and connection of a human conversation. 1-1 and face to face. We have a pet dog and I even talk to him now lol, giving him his own voice to reply. Takes me back to watching castaway and the ball Wilson ? you gotta laugh or you’d cry. These are unusual times. It’s nice to find people online from similar backgrounds connecting. 

I hope everyone is coping well with this heat. I am melting right now 

All the best and thanks for reading this. 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JaneCambs

Good Morning & Welcome it’s great to meet you today☀️

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

We all help/advice/support to any new members.

@steve51
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,602 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Jane and a warm welcome to this wonderful forum, I live alone and don’t do social media anymore for a few reasons, I found this community a few months ago, it has been one of the best things I have done for myself, the people are so nice and friendly, and the advice given is amazing, I wish you and your son all the best and look forward to seeing you around, take care ?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Well, I'm glad you've found us @JaneCambs. I can't promise we'll be able to make your home any noisier, but you're more than welcome here and I hope to see you around. :smile:

I don't get on too well with the heat, but it's given me the excuse to have some ice lollies in the freezer which is a big plus!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JaneCambs Welcome to the community great to have you on board, it doesnt matter how often you come on here do what is right for you. We are very friendly I am also a single parent but my son is 14 so can have a few more adult conversations if I can get him off his xbox.

Look forward to seeing you around
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JaneCambs - Welcome to this great community from me too. It's very good to 'meet' you. I joined here last August, & stayed because of the support I received, & because I find it a good group to be part of, & I hope you'll feel the same. You sound like an amazing Mum, & it's great you have been enjoying that extra time with your son in recent months. Don't tell anyone, but I talk to my cat. :)
  • JaneCambs
    JaneCambs Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Wow what a lovely warm welcome, thank you all ever so much. So lovely to feel such warmth and from people I have never met too. 

Glad it’s not just me talking to the animals lol 

I make homemade ice lollies and ice cream too. They don’t last long in the freezer in this weather. 

Thanks to everyone stopping by to say hello, I hope all of you have had a lovely weekend

All the best ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Great to have you here @JaneCambs, look forward to seeing you around. :)
    Scope

Brightness