Struggling at work - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Struggling at work

Comments

• Rechnin
    Rechnin Community member Posts: 89 Courageous
    @steve51

I am sure everyone has to stan don their own at some point, just, I find it a bit harder to contemplate.

Good to keep busy and not think on things, I have struggle with that for the last few weeks and getting somewhat better.

I take it you like to tinker then?

I am doing ok this morning, cleaned the shed after ?? year when my brother moved away and left a right mess. Going to try and get some gaming stuff done and maybe watch some online content.

Ian

• Rechnin
    @Chloe_Scope

I am not sure that there is much that will help, I have ut all my greivances in writing and done it as official as I can, I've even put in writing inconsistanies and given examplebut only tld that "there is no case to answer". My offificla grievance letter was written off in two days and wa stold "even if we did carry this throughb we are not at liberty to tell you the outcome."

So it is easy for them to keep things covered up.

Thanks anyway.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Rechnin

Yes we all need to stand on are two feet at some point.

Do you find this Difficult??????

Yes keeping busy makes the “time fly”

Do you have problems with this????

Yes I like to get my “fingers dirty”

Yes I have got lots of online movies & football to watch during the day & evening.

@steve51

• Rechnin

Sadly, I am not looking forwards to this, would be a lot more secure if I could stay in work or work how I like to.

I would struggle to make sure everything was paid for and if I was able to pay for everything.

Its always good to be busy, something I need to do better at.

Do I have problems with what?

I knoew a few who like to tinker a well.

We sound very similar.

Ian

• steve51
    Hi @Rechnin

Many thanks.

Sorry do you have problems keeping busy???

What will you struggle with????

Is there anything that I can help you with????

Yes we sound very similar.

@steve51
  • Rechnin

Yes, its almost like a hump, once I am over it I can get loads done but that initiat effort takes a lot.

I think I will strugle to keep motivated and to pay bills and such unless I can hodl soemthing down, which has been a struggle in the past. I am downsizing at the moment, which i hate, and not buyng many new things. Starting to put money aside but hope I will ahve a good few years before it happens.

Nothing yu can do, but, thanks for the advise.

Glad to hear it.

• steve51
    Hi @Rechnin

Ok please please check me know if there’s anything that I can help you with??

@steve51
  • Rechnin
  • Rechnin
    edited July 2020
    So.... my stress levels shot up again today and I almost had another black out. Stats have be brought in to the mix again.

Is it just me or is there soemthign else, I try my best and it never seems good enough.

Is there a job I can do por am I just going to spend the rest of my life, however, lomng that is, bouncing around?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm really sorry to hear this @Rechnin, I just wanted to check in to see how you are doing today.
    Scope

• Rechnin
    Sorry, very late reply, Back at home now so a lot better, still frustrated at management, or lack of..
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Rechnin

I'm glad you're back at home and doing a lot better.  Sorry to hear the management is still poor though.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Rechnin
    @Ross_Scope Thanks, we will see how things go...
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad to hear you're at home @Rechnin. :)
    Scope

• Rechnin
    edited August 2020
    @Ross_Scope  
    @Chloe_Scope

Well, I have another meeting on Tuesday, I have put down a few things I want to get across and we will see what happens then. Sadly, I see there being little change and might need to look at a new future. Seems like five year wasted,

I will be receiving a Level 2 OHC assessment.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    I've got my fingers crossed for you @Rechnin. Please do let us know how it goes on Tuesday. Whether it goes well or badly, we're here to try and support you through it :)
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Rechnin
    Thanks, I will keep you in touch and if it does go badly, maybe you can help me look for something better, maybe even a change of role.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Great @Rechnin . The Scope website has some information on employment that you might find helpful, which you can read about here
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Rechnin
    Well, I am waiting for details of the terms for working from home, still hoping this will be the hope I wanted, but, a few things coming up now.
  • WorldsoldestNEET
    WorldsoldestNEET Posts: 42 Listener
    If you're screeming at your employers and still have a job you must have it petty good.

Brightness