Help pip evidence — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help pip evidence

Nh1991
Nh1991 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Need advice so knocked back for both scored 7 points no mobility so a money  adviser has wrote me MR to send while i was cleaning drawers out i have found my mental health records from when my parents took me to a private doctor in malta (we have family there) its two psych evaluations stating my difficultys and my diagonis adhd:odd/ conduct disorder which had now went to eupd bipolar , these are from when i was 15 but the report talk about all my difficulties since toddlerhood will this help my case to send this in will they accept it as evidence with it being so long its dated 2006 but i have sent a upto date letter from my now psychiatrist stating i have long standing mental health along with MR just dont want to send this and they wont even accept it as ir been so long thanks x

Comments

• Nh1991
    Need help please at the end of my tether with these idiots had phone assessment and report she has wrote a good report about all my issues bipolar, eupd, anxiety, depression fibromyalgia, but her scores say different told her my dad gets my shopping and she wrote this down yet scored me 0 and said i can do all these on my own !!! When I really cant ?for budgetting planning communication its a absolute joke i have already won a MR to have the assessment so this claim is from 2018 she scored me 7 points u need 8 obviously ? she hasnt wrote down half the things i said about cooking i said i need supervision she wrote this and then put needs promting i also sent a great letter from my psychiatrist which i can show if anyone has any advice please they have now awarded me nothing and said i now need to do a MR AGAIN i just dont know if i have the fight in me got pip from 2014-2016 and ever since i be not been able to get back on it it’s affecting my mental health big time so if anyone has advice id appreciate it thanks x
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Nh1991 This must be very frustrating for you but the only thing you can do is out in another MR as instructed making sure you detail all the areas you think you should have scored points against. I would do this by both phone to speed up the process but follow up in writing also.

Maybe when you ring ask to speak to the decision maker to explain your situation
  • Nh1991
    Im just trying make them see that my psychiatrist has wrote a letter dated may stating i have long standing mental health & im sending this to try open there eyes will try anything 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi as advised above you can send in the evidence but they are more likely to put more weight on recent evidence rather than the old. If you decide to send it make sure you take copies to send
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Evidence has to be quite recent and relevant, its a case of quality over quantity or less is more.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Nh1991
    Well ive got a recent letter saying i have long standing mental health problems im sending the evidence anyway to try and back this up my money adviser said hopefully wont need to appeal as i need one point but if i do can argue that these conditions such as adhd etc dont go away i will fight this all the way 
  • Nh1991
    I have a separate letter going threw each discriptor and how i should be awarded point for example said can manage toilet needs yet i wear incontince pants because I drink and lose control of my bladder majority of days , I was only askin if this will help its not the only thing i have  and actually they have disputed me havin mental health sayin i only have a small bit of anxiety when jts far more than that
  • Batchbino1
    Batchbino1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi there
    I’m new to this site and would like some feed back if possible. Last week I was awarded LCWRA which I’m really pleased about. I have also applied for PIP in December 2019 and was awarded no points, I appealed and had a telephone assessment via phone as were in Lockdown by that stage. I’ve since been turned down for the second time. So I’m taking it to the tribunal now. My health condition and quality of life has deteriorated greatly over the past six months and was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis in early March & am now on crutches to help with my mobility.  Will it be easier to be awarded PIP now that I’ve been awarded LCWRA? 
    Thanks
    Batchbino1
  • Batchbino1
    Batchbino1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    @ mikehughescq
    So sorry for my mistake. As I said, I’m new here and really not sure where to comment.
  • Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    @Batchbino1. Best starting a new discussion luv and am sure you will get loads of help, good luck

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.