Hi, my name is Wisec! What on earth are pip assessments doing! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Wisec! What on earth are pip assessments doing!

Options
Wisec
Wisec Community member Posts: 14 Connected
It took over a year for me to get correctly assessed by court two years ago. I recently passed out on some steps and fell down them requiring patella injury operation. I was in a cast or leg braces for at least 6 month. 3 month into this I informed pip.
I then had complications due to many factors that are still ongoing now involving the cartaledge in my knee and my weight due to been inactive for so long. 
As part of my proof their was a bit from pain management saying I will use bus if I ever get stuck walking some were (think I have been able to do this once 2 year back when I was trying to get healthy).
Now the accessor never took any of my leg injuries into consideration and took my basic mobility element away when I can barely walk, definetly cant walk without a stick or something to lean on any distance.
I'am now so worked up as I could afford to keep car on the road with basic mobility the point why the re application was put through. My fibro is kicking of and I couldn't move all weekend, this factor also not been taken into consideration.
I wouldn't mind if I thought I could get to see the court in a few months time the only place they seem to do things properly but it is going to take another year to sort out again I'd bet and I won't survive that long. But I think this is ultimately what they want, I would love to go back to days we're I never had to live of benefits but I can't even walk properly anymore! 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your next step will be a Mandatory reconsideration (MR) at this point you should point out where you didn't score points but didn't and give examples as to why. 17% of MR's succeed .
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Wisec
    Options
    Yeh well not very good at things like that since I had the 2 stroke's. See what happens bet it takes months anyway. 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Wisec

Good Morning & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

We have got a senior member who is very very good with Benefits.

I will forward your post onto him for you.

Hi @Richard_Scope
    Can you please help me with this post????

Many thanks.

@steve51

• Wisec
    Options
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Wisec

Thats my Pleasure my friend.

@steve51
  • Wisec
    Options
    It's been going on over a year and still ongoing.
  • Wisec
    Options
    And yes I can get evidence about it, and have allready started ball rolling as far as that's voncerned.
  • Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    Options
    @Wisec.  Wishing you well x
  • Wisec
    Options
    Thank you. What's gets me with this is I had the mobility before the accident with issues with back and shoulders and they have taken me as having this surgery as I'm better. Weird all I'd say lol. The system is silly really.
  • Wisec
    Options
    Lulu_1949 I'd recommend anyone with issues take everything to court it's the only part of process done properly or don't try to trick people etc so it will eventually get sorted. It's just the time it takes due to them been over run.
  • Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    Options
    @Wisec , I totally agree with you. The court actually listened to my son and believed him. The assessment was full of untruths and whoever read our answers to the assessment to top it all didn’t believe us either, so yes although it was very stressful it was the best thing we did and yes it took a year BUT if eventually it gets to court and you do win your case it gets backdated so have faith in the courts.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.