Hi, my name is Wisec! What on earth are pip assessments doing! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Wisec! What on earth are pip assessments doing!

Wisec
Wisec Community member Posts: 14 Connected
It took over a year for me to get correctly assessed by court two years ago. I recently passed out on some steps and fell down them requiring patella injury operation. I was in a cast or leg braces for at least 6 month. 3 month into this I informed pip.
I then had complications due to many factors that are still ongoing now involving the cartaledge in my knee and my weight due to been inactive for so long. 
As part of my proof their was a bit from pain management saying I will use bus if I ever get stuck walking some were (think I have been able to do this once 2 year back when I was trying to get healthy).
Now the accessor never took any of my leg injuries into consideration and took my basic mobility element away when I can barely walk, definetly cant walk without a stick or something to lean on any distance.
I'am now so worked up as I could afford to keep car on the road with basic mobility the point why the re application was put through. My fibro is kicking of and I couldn't move all weekend, this factor also not been taken into consideration.
I wouldn't mind if I thought I could get to see the court in a few months time the only place they seem to do things properly but it is going to take another year to sort out again I'd bet and I won't survive that long. But I think this is ultimately what they want, I would love to go back to days we're I never had to live of benefits but I can't even walk properly anymore! 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.