LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA

Thea
Thea Community member Posts: 19 Connected
edited July 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello! 
I've just received a letter on my journal saying I've got LCWRA. Please could someone tell me when I will receive the extra money? I gave my first fit note in on the 13th of March. Thanks

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Thea

It depends on what your assessment periods are, do you know? It should say somewhere on your account or UC statement 'based on your circumstances between 5th of May and 4th of June' or something similar. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community, congratulations on your award, if you answer the question from Adrian he will be able to calculate when your payments will commence as there is a waiting period of 3 assessment periods before payment is made
  • Thea
    @Adrian_Scope my assessment period is 3rd to 2nd
  • Thea
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @Thea
    The rules on UC mean that only full assessment periods count for the waiting period of LCWRA.
    So they calculate it like this:

Fit note handed in 13th March.

3rd March - 2nd April: Doesn't count (as not a full assessment period)
    3rd April - 2nd May: Month 1
    3rd May - 2nd June: Month 2
    3rd June - 2nd July: Month 3
    3rd July - 2nd August: 1st payment

So you should receive your first payment of LCWRA with your payment in August. 

I hope that helps. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Thea
    @Adrian_Scope Okay, thank you so much!
  • Beckyabb39
    Beckyabb39 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited July 2020
    Hi, I'm sorry to jump on this tread, I was hoping someone could help. I've recently been accepted for lcwra after waiting over a year for an assessment, my assessment periods runs between 7th and 6th and I get paid on the 13th of each month. I believe I handed in my first sicknote on the 11th April 2019. Could you help me calculate when I'd be able to backdate this from if at all? I've been left behind with the assessment due to a backlog in my local area. I know I have full entitlement as I had a msg to confirm. Sorry for longwinded question I've tried to include as much information as possible.
    Thanks In advance 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hello @Beckyabb39 and a warm welcome to the community. 

As above, they should backdate it to 3 full assessment periods after your first fit note.

This means that 7th April - 6th May might not count as there are a few days that you weren't covered by a fit note (unless you self-reported for those first few days), so I won't include that. If they do count it, that'll mean you receive an extra month of payment.

However, basing this on the assumption that they won't, the wait period would be:

7th May - 6th June 2019: Month 1
    7th June - 6th July 2019: Month 2
    7th July - 6th August: Month 3
    7th August - 6th September: First payment on 13th September.

So you should be owed LCWRA payments for:
    13th September 2019
    13th October 2019
    13th November 2019
    13th December 2019
    13th January 2020
    13th February 2020 
    13th March 2020
    13th April 2020
    13th May 2020
    13th June 2020

(You should also receive LCWRA payment on 13th July 2020, but this might get included in your backdated payment as I imagine it's too late for them to calculate it this month.)

So, you're owed 10 months worth of LCWRA + July 2020. I hope that helps!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Beckyabb39
    Beckyabb39 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    That's fantastic thank you, I honestly don't know why it's taken so long to organise
    Thank you for your clear explanation ?
  • Adrian_Scope
    You've very welcome @Beckyabb39! I hope they don't keep you waiting too long. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • jaybear123
    jaybear123 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hello guys I need some help,
    so I was on UC and they told me I am now on LCWRA so how much will I get in total? Do I get the £409 plus extra? 
    I am be confused to what I am getting,

I also am on ESA
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello guys I need some help,
    so I was on UC and they told me I am now on LCWRA so how much will I get in total? Do I get the £409 plus extra? 
    I am be confused to what I am getting,

I also am on ESA

I answered your question on your other thread here. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/74253/what-do-i-get#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.