Hi, my name is Betty200! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Betty200!

Betty200
Betty200 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
Hi I’m new to scope, and I’m starting the journey towards my daughter getting a diagnosis for ASD, sensory processing disorder and dyspraxia.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Betty200

Good Evening & Welcome ??

l am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

We have got some info for you below on “families with disabled children”

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/families-with-disabled-children/

@steve51

• Betty200
    hi @steve51
    thank you, I will check it out, just trying to figure out my way round I’m not used to things like this so thank youxx
  • steve51
    Hi @Betty200

Yes I can help you with this ??

This is part of our current role’s as “Community Champions”

Please please come back to me!!!!!!

@steve51

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Betty200 - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining. We have several parents here who have children with ASD who may join in. May I ask how old is your daughter?
    I don't know if you've if you've looked at the National Autistic Society's web site. Just click on this link: https://www.autism.org.uk/
    How are you & your daughter coping at the moment? :)

• Betty200
    Hi @chiarieds thank you for taking the time to message me.
    my daughter is 7.
    i have heard of them I was just looking at their website regarding pda. But I will have a good look.

not so well obviously with lockdown she seems to be getting worse and I really don’t know how to help her..

she hasn’t been diagnosed with anything but I brought this up with her teacher in sept 2019 and nothing has been done I went to the gp and he told me It wasn’t his job it’s schools so I’ve been a bit lost  I managed to speak with the headteacher which has been really hard to get hold of her and she said she would put an early help in place (4weeks ago ) I also spoke to a community nurse who also contacted the school and told me they would get aspire to contact me ... I haven’t heard anything off anyone yet so I’m feeling a bit alone  and frustrated at the min xx
    im really struggling with her and I also have an 18month old and find it very hard work with them both especially since lockdown my husband does help but he doesn’t really understand autism and he kind of leaves it to me ..

sorry for the rant xx

• chiarieds
    Hi @Betty200 - Thank you for replying. It must be understandably difficult at the moment with lockdown, & having a younger child to look after too. I don't know if you managed to look through all the link Steve gave, but I'd like to mention 'Navigate' which is a programme to help & support parents provided by Scope. I've read other parents saying how much it helped. Here's a link: https://www.scope.org.uk/family-services/navigate/
    Perhaps this is something you could try. Please do chat here any time too. :)

• steve51
    Hi @Betty200

Good Morning I hope you are okay ??

Please please don’t worry about the rant as that is what we are all here for.

Have you found the info any good?????

Do you need any further help/support/advice???

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can provide you?????

@steve51

• Betty200
    Hi @chiarieds and @steve51
    thank you both so much for listening sometimes it feels good to get it off your chest especially when someone is actually listening and trying to support me instead of trying to make up excuses of why I’m overreacting 

I have signed up for the navigate yesterday and I had a call today which I missed as I had to go into work but she is going to phone me again later ..

I really appreciate you both taking the time to listen and respond to me thank you I don’t know why I didn’t do this sooner xx
  • steve51
    Hi @Betty200

You are very very welcome my friend.

Yes it’s always good to get things off your chest.

That’s part of our role to listen/support/advice.

I am here every day /evening  so you can access me as & when required.

@steve51

• chiarieds
    You're very welcome@Betty200 - Remember, you can chat here absolutely any time. :)
  • Betty200
    @chiarieds and @steve51
    thank you both again .. I’ve had a call today from someone at navigate and she has kindly put me on the list for me to have a call for support advice every week.. she’s also given me some information to help with my daughter.. 

im can’t tell you how happy I am for this page and sight it’s been amazing
  • steve51
    Hi @Betty200

Excellent news I am so pleased for you both ?

Please come back to me at any point?

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    So pleased you are getting much needed support. I look forward to hearing from you again @Betty200 :)

Brightness