CHANGED AT MANDATORY RECONSIDERATION — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

CHANGED AT MANDATORY RECONSIDERATION

Lou67
Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,627 Disability Gamechanger
Hi i had previously been on Daily Living standard, it ran out in February, after assessment got awarded Standard mobility, 6 points for DL so put in a MR in April, received the outcome today they have overturned the decision on mobility, so now been awarded enhanced I’m delighted with it didn’t think anything would’ve been changed as it’s a low % that gets changed,at MR no change in DL will seek advice from welfare rights wether to appeal.But delighted mobility got changed ☺️

Comments

• Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    @Lou67 great to hear , well done so pleased for you
  • Lou67
    Oh thanks Lulu I’m so chuffed as it will allow my daughter to get a car to get me out and about I’m delighted ?
  • lulu1949
    lulu1949 Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
    Great, that will make such a change to your life xx
  • Lou67
    Oh it really will, as I really struggle to get out and about xx
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lou67 That is fantastic news great for you, I would seriously think about not taking it further as they look at the whole award at tribunal and I wouldn't personally risk what you have got, but that isd just my opinion.

Get looking for a car but again think about how to get the cat as the mobility scheme is not always the best option as the car is never yours and taken away if you lose the mobility element. It can be better to fund a car privately using the money as once it is paid for it is yours.

Also if your daughter is the driver she can only use the car when you are in it or to do something for your purpose, the car must be left at your address. Having a private car she can come and go as she likes

Just have a good think about everything
  • Lou67
    Thanks @janer1967 yeah I’m a bit worried about doing an appeal, will definitely get advice before I decide what to do, I will also discuss the car options with my daughter thanks again.
  • Lulu_1949
    @Lou67 have a look at buying a car on PCP... this way the payments are lower and deposit lower. There is a balloon payment at the end so you can put the car in against a new one and start the process again. Did this years ago it’s an option to HP and if you don’t do horrific miles it is quite a good deal. Xx
  • Lou67
    Oh ok thanks Lulu I will tell my daughter and her partner to check it all out, Iv never drove so know nothing about cars lol 
  • Lulu_1949
    You’re you’re welcome Lou, nice for you to have good news. Xx
  • Lulu_1949
    @Username_removed suppose that means congratulations Lou67 ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.