Is what I’m going through mental health or something else — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is what I’m going through mental health or something else

Options
Michyh
Michyh Community member Posts: 48 Connected
Hi, 

are my systems that of anxiety and panic attacks? 
I get cold feet, my heart races very fast, feel as if I’m going to have a fit , the overwhelming feeling of like I’m going to drop dead. If I try and sleep , sometimes I feel as if my brain is shaking In my head, I shake from with in , or at least that what it feels
like to me. My handS get clamie. And I just get a very off feeling come over me. 
These happen for no reason at all and at different times, most Of the time when I try to to sleep, other times I’ll just be sitting on the sofa and the heart rate just starts going crazy. 
??‍♀️?

Comments

• Wini1960
    Wini1960 Community member Posts: 130 Pioneering
    Options
    Michyh Hi I hope you dont think I'm being rude but how old are you? I get symptoms like that but that's because I'm menopausal. If you get cold feet that is a circulation issue. See your GP have a blood test for underline health problems but if your in the 40 to 50 age group it could be menopause.
  • Michyh
    Options
    Hi Wini1960, I turned 40 in March. I’m having a blood tests done on Tuesday a T3and T4, the doc has done what he says is a female test and said the my hormones seem fine. But I think it might be menopause . 

• kaiasparrow
    kaiasparrow Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
    Options
    I hope your blood tests give you some answers, and if it is your mental health there are support services you can hopefully access. You are seeking help which is the hardest step sometimes, I hope you get the support you need regardless of the cause <3 
  • Michyh
    Options
    Hi , kaiasparrow, I have been working hand in hand with my doc, they have put me on sertraline, for what they say are anxiety and panic attacks. But been having episodes still while on the meds. 

But hopefully they will get to the bottoms of it all soon. 

Thank u

Brightness