Will this give me the extra points to qualify for higher rates? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will this give me the extra points to qualify for higher rates?

jimjag
jimjag Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited July 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi. Hope you are all well and coping. I got awarded lower pip on both daily living and mobility .11 on daily living and 10 on mobility. I have phoned in for a mandatory reconsideration 4 weeks ago. My assessment was by phone. I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression which I let dwp aware of. Will this give me the extra points to qualify for the higher rates? 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jimjag

Good Morning & Welcome to our online community/family.

I’m one of a team of Community Champion’s here at Scope 

We hi got some info on “pip” on here I will post a link below for you.

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/personal-independence-payment-pip/

@steve51
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @jimjag. PIP isn't based on a diagnosis or condition but how they impact you so it's impossible to say just based on a diagnosis whether or not you'd be awarded extra points. Your MR is also based on your circumstances at the time of assessment, so a worsening condition isn't strictly relevant. 

Best of luck with your MR. I hope you hear soon. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community great to have you on board. As advised a new diagnosis isnt relevant as Adrtian has explained.

I hope youjr MR is a success however not many are the success rate is quite low but of course if you are not successful then you can go to the next stage and tribunal, but again they will only take into account your condition at the time of applying as that is the decision you are appealing against
  • jimjag
    Ok thanks very much for the info.. I also wrote to them as queried the points awarded and reasons. I will let you know how I get on. Cheers . Jim 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,627 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I hope your well, I just wanted to say I had previously been on DL standard until February, after my assessment I was only awarded 6 points for DL so nothing there, I got 10 points for standard mobility, I put in a MR in April I received word yesterday they changed my standard mobility to enhanced, no change with DL although I’m totally delighted to be now getting enhanced mobility I’m going to seek advice from welfare rights about appealing as I really believe I should get the other 2 points, so I want to wish you well hopefully you get yours to. 
  • jimjag
    Hi lou67 . Thanks for your reply. It's just quite stressful all this and wondered how long till I hear about my MR? It's been 5 weeks since appealing. Well done getting your enhanced mobility.  Take care 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,627 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Jim and thanks, mines took 11 weeks, they do say before Covid it was upto a 10 week wait, oh it’s so stressful I received the letter on Saturday morning and sat for about 20 mins before I could open it, as the results determine how we get to live our life, I wish you well and pray you get a good outcome, please come back to this and let us know the outcome, take care?
  • jimjag
    Hi Lou .ok cheers. Yeah it was like exam results when I got awarded initially. At least I can relax a little now. This is a great site as good to get people in a similar situations like myself. I will pop on and off see what's going on. Thanks again and take care also. ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.