New to this group — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New to this group

jasperbear
jasperbear Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi, I'm just after people's advice.  I have had FND (functional neurological disorder)  since August 2013, it affects my mobility, brain fog etc. I have recently been diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy in both legs(by a doctor)  and been put on gabapentin,  but this does nothing to prevent the numbness etc. My query is that things seem to be getting worse,  as in constant numbness in my bottom that travels down both legs,  do I put this down to all of the above or could things be getting worse.  Thank you 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jasperbear

Good Afternoon & Welcome!!!!

I am one off a team of Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Sorry but we are unable to offer you any medical advice.

Yes I have also got neurological problems due to a Stroke in 1998 at the age of 32.

Please please let me know if there’s any further help required??

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jasperbear - & welcome to the community. As Steve has said, we can't offer medical advice unfortunately, as we're not medically qualified. Contacting your GP would be a good option, letting them know your condition has worsened, to see what they may be able to advise. Kindly let us all know how you get on.  :)
  • jasperbear
    Thank you  for the welcome.  I will try to contact my GP, though that at the moment is not easy being able to get a appointment with the doctor who diagnosed me and who seems to understand. I will let you know how I get on 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome as mentioned above we are unable to give medical advice, but I do suffer myself with peripheral neuropathy and in my experience it does progress. I have no feeling in my leg (I only have 1) from the knee down and this started with numbness in my feet (I am diabetic a side effect)

I take pregablin and while it doesnt stop the numbness it does stop the nerve pain I used to get

But as advises seek advice from your GP who may be able to find a better solution
  • jasperbear
    Well I contacted my gp and he suggests increasing my medication first to see if that helps,  I don't think it will,  but will try anything at the moment as it is affecting my sleep and every day life.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @jasperbear. :)
    Scope

Brightness