EESA AND UNIVERSAL CREDIT — Scope | Disability forum


Hi, Looking for some advice if possible. I am a cancer patient who can never work again. If i go onto UC. do i lose money?
I get EEESA and pip
Many Thanks


  • Parrot123
    Parrot123 Member Posts: 137 Pioneering
    Hello All. I hope your all well? I am on EESA and pip cancer patient who can never work again will i lose money if i switch to Universal Credit or can i change to the new style esa????

    Many Thanks
  • woodbine
    woodbine Member Posts: 7,471 Disability Gamechanger
    There are two things firstly do you get SDP added on to your ESA? if so you can't change to UC. You are probably best staying where you are and waiting for managed migration if it ever happens, as you will get transitional relief. UC may well pay £20 a week extra but that's only for another 10 months.
    Having said all that to give better advice we would need more details, or you could always speak to CAB or welfare rights.
    Be extra nice to new members.
  • Parrot123
    Parrot123 Member Posts: 137 Pioneering


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.