Advice on benefits in a care home - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice on benefits in a care home

2»

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    No problem - I'm sure Steve will help. It might just be me, but I like to find info from at least 3 different places where possible, & thought others here might also help, particularly the Scope team.  :)
  • dannii
    dannii Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    @chiarieds
    I'm open for anyone to give advice from as many people possible so feel free to chat if you can help me. X
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Unfortunately as care home fees can be quite high, any income your Mum has from benefits will be used to offset this, so she may be just left with about £25 per week. Not much, but all her care, meals, etc. would be provided for. Any care home fees would likely be more than than the sum total of her income from any benefits.
    I will ask @Adrian_Scope from the Scope team to help & advise you too.
  • dannii
    dannii Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    @chiarieds
    Thanku.
    I think that's awful to take all her money as at minute shes in independent living and they pay towards her having carers and mum pays a contribution too...but when she goes into the carehome she pays for it all. 
    Yes if you could I would appreciate it thanku x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.