Your drink of choice - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Your drink of choice

13»

Comments

• AlisonNetty
    AlisonNetty Community member Posts: 192 Pioneering
    White wine. Cider. Tea and coffee.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Really liking mango and apple juice at the moment! 
    Scope

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,810 Disability Gamechanger
    Great thread lots of good choices, i'm boring, a few cans of carling, or i like fizzy pop any kinds, don't mind a costa if we go out, 

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    I'm super simple, a bottle of refreshingly cold cider will do me just fine 

Online Community Coordinator
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Cider is nice I agree:smile:
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Apple cider or do we like the fancier fruits?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • 66Mustang
    I like apple cider but yes I have been into the other fruit ciders recently! They are really nice and thirst quenching.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I have to say that mixed berry cider is the best!
    Scope

• Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    American Bourbon is without doubt the very best of drinks. It is not what people here think the American name for whisky, but something different. Jack Daniels is American whisky. Bourbon can only be called that if distilled in Kentucky. With Coke and ice it is wonderful, but also lovely neat.
  • 66Mustang
    @Dragonslayer

I like to think I am into bourbon but I am no expert.

I have tried Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace, Wild Turkey, Maker’s Mark and Gentleman Jack (maybe the last one isn’t a bourbon?) and I liked them all. What are your favourite makes?

I agree that mixed with Coca Cola they are very delicious. I used to drink spirits neat but have gone off neat strong spirits after having a bit of an alcohol problem in the past. I don’t know why but now I like the taste of mixed spirits but not neat ones - maybe it is my body telling me not to drink too much too quickly.
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    66Mustang said:
    @Dragonslayer

I like to think I am into bourbon but I am no expert.

I have tried Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace, Wild Turkey, Maker’s Mark and Gentleman Jack (maybe the last one isn’t a bourbon?) and I liked them all. What are your favourite makes?

I agree that mixed with Coca Cola they are very delicious. I used to drink spirits neat but have gone off neat strong spirits after having a bit of an alcohol problem in the past. I don’t know why but now I like the taste of mixed spirits but not neat ones - maybe it is my body telling me not to drink too much too quickly.
    I have tried all of what you have mentioned the best out of them for me is Maker's Mark. The one I mostly drink and the easiest one to find is Jim Beam. It was my wife who introduced me to Bourbon, she is from Kentucky and over the years I have come to learn the history of why the name Bourbon is so distinct. Main fact of it is that they use barrels that have been burnt inside. This is what gives it the flavour and colour.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    I have never tried bourbon and didn't know that about the barrels @Dragonslayer

My alcoholic beverage of choice is a good ole vodka and diet coke, or a cosmopolitan if cocktails!  Other than that give me a cup of Yorkshire tea any day and I'm happy :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • colet
    colet CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 101 Pioneering
    My would be Pepsi max 
  • 66Mustang
    I like Pepsi Max! It tastes nice and doesn’t have the sugar/calories.

Brightness