Unexpected telephone assessment date — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Unexpected telephone assessment date

littleruthie123
littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
hi all I've been one.esa support group. l for quite a while now.ive never had too attend an assessment centre for various health reasons.i haven't filled in a questioner for a couple of years..so was quite surprised when last week I got a letter stating I need a telephone assesment.i haven't had a form too fill in .so just slightly confused.its going too be a long phone call as on lots of meds and quite a lot of different difficulties
S.shoukd I be worried at all anyone ?.thanks 

Comments

• littleruthie123
    this for e.s.a 
  • littleruthie123
    has this happened too anyone else recently?.its hard too prepare for it when I havent got a form too refere too??
  • littleruthie123
    any scope member too help me please?chloe@scope 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Are oyu 100% sure you haven't received the work capability assessment sometime over the past several months? You should have received a form to fill in and return with all your evidence.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • littleruthie123
    No defiantly not poppy .this is why it's confusing .thanks for reply 
  • littleruthie123
    filled one in a min of a year ago(longer) .I sent in evidence too not have too go too an appointment at that time.dident hear anything at all though and eta just carried on 
  • poppy123456
    It maybe from that last form that you returned, it may not be as long ago as you think. You could ring the Health Assessment Advisory Service and ask https://www.chdauk.co.uk/employment-and-support-allowance-esa

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • littleruthie123
    I just checked it was 2 years ago as I was on a thread and your were kindly helping me then poppy .)
  • littleruthie123
    I will try them tomorrow they defiantly received my last one as I didn't have too go the assessment .so it can't be that either.
  • littleruthie123
    September 2018 
  • littleruthie123
    Can someone advise please.can they make me do a phone interview.when I haven't even had a form too fill in?.really confused here ?. 
  • poppy123456
    You really need to ring the health assessment providers tomorrow and tell them that you didn't receive a form.
  • littleruthie123
    OK if there's anyone there .would of thought they would of sent a reminder too if I hadent 
  • poppy123456
    Usually they do send a reminder if the form hasn't been received back. I received my last ESA50 form in March this year and had a reminder to return it. It has been known for people not to have received a form and then they are sent an appointment letter. The only way to find out is to ring them.
  • littleruthie123
    Thanks poppy .I'm wondering if u didn't get one because if the coronovurus..if I'm forced into it will be hard fir me too go through the whole thing from scratch with no support letters etc.my dad passed away recently im really not upto it mentally ..Will have too ring them tomorrow. Seems very unfair and could cost me my award .thanks anyway poppy 
  • poppy123456
    Sorry for your loss. You will be able to cancel it and rebook for a later date but you will have to go through the phone assessment sooner or later. Hopefully you'll be able to speak to someone when you ring tomorrow.
  • florencescope
    florencescope Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    edited July 2020
    tbh i had a telephone hearing and it was a nightmare. i highly highly recommend waiting till u can have a face to face tribunal and take a representative who knows the law and how the system works. often when the dwp know they have little chance of winning a case they give in.
  • poppy123456
    tbh i had a telephone hearing and it was a nightmare. i highly highly recommend waiting till u can have a face to face tribunal and take a representative who knows the law and how the system works. often when the dwp know they have little chance of winning a case they give in.

Littleruthie doesn't have a Tribunal. It's a work capability assessment phone call with the health assessment providers.
  • littleruthie123
    I've been in contact today its regarding my 2018 assessment. Long time .at least I no they should have my info .I hope anyway 
  • poppy123456
    Did you ask about the work capability assessment form for this time? 2018 was a long time ago, especially if they're going off that form.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.