Am I entitled to any benefit payments? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Am I entitled to any benefit payments?

HOWSY
HOWSY Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have had a blue badge for a few years and never claimed any benefit payment,
am I entitled to any benefit payments.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @HOWSY

Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

I have got a good friend on here who will be able to offer some help/advice /assistance.

Hi @poppy123456

Can you please offer me some help with this post??

Many thanks.

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @HOWSY - & welcome to the community. In answer to your query.....it all depends. You could look through Scope's section on benefits, & see if anything might be applicable.
    As you will see there are many variables to look at with benefits.....your financial situation; who if anybody you live with, are you able to work, etc. in some benefits, & do you have problems with activities of daily living &/mobility for the Personal Independence Payment. Have a look through, & please come back with any questions. :)

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Having a blue badge doesn't automatically entitle you to any benefits. PIP has replaced the old DLA and is awarded based on how your conditions affect you daily. It's not means tested so income/savings/capital do not affect the amount you can claim.

For any other benefits then it really depends on your circumstances.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @HOWSY, please do let us know how you get on and if there is anything we can help you with. :)
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @HOWSY Welcome to the community great you have joined us, it isnt easy for us to say what benefits you may be entitled to without knowing your circumstances as detailed above.

If you provide more information we may be able to help

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.