What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Am I entitled to any benefit payments?

HOWSYHOWSY Member Posts: 1 Listener
I have had a blue badge for a few years and never claimed any benefit payment,
am I entitled to any benefit payments.

Replies

• steve51steve51 Member Posts: 7,175 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @HOWSY

Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

I have got a good friend on here who will be able to offer some help/advice /assistance.

Hi @poppy123456

Can you please offer me some help with this post??

Many thanks.

@steve51
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 8,049 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @HOWSY - & welcome to the community. In answer to your query.....it all depends. You could look through Scope's section on benefits, & see if anything might be applicable.
    As you will see there are many variables to look at with benefits.....your financial situation; who if anybody you live with, are you able to work, etc. in some benefits, & do you have problems with activities of daily living &/mobility for the Personal Independence Payment. Have a look through, & please come back with any questions. :)

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Having a blue badge doesn't automatically entitle you to any benefits. PIP has replaced the old DLA and is awarded based on how your conditions affect you daily. It's not means tested so income/savings/capital do not affect the amount you can claim.

For any other benefits then it really depends on your circumstances.

Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @HOWSY, please do let us know how you get on and if there is anything we can help you with. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,247 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @HOWSY Welcome to the community great you have joined us, it isnt easy for us to say what benefits you may be entitled to without knowing your circumstances as detailed above.

If you provide more information we may be able to help
Sign in or join us to comment.