Condition change with PIP - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Condition change with PIP

2»

Comments

• avakarlsson
    avakarlsson Community member Posts: 333 Courageous
    Hi everyone the form came in the post to me on Thursday, where my posture isn’t straight my physiotherapist said I will have this the rest of my life and do physiotherapy to for the rest of my life, it’s a shame about my job but I couldn’t cope, I had my appeal for my work capability and when I had the appeal they awarded me LWCRA they said and when I went onto my universal credit journal it said LWC so I have chased it up a few times and the DWP have to as my case manager will sort it out for me I didn’t no I had a case manager but DWP told me my Case manager will sort this all out for me as yet I haven’t even spoken to them, hope this week coming I will speak to my case manager  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,341 Disability Gamechanger
    You should have had a letter from HMCTS with your award notice on there. What exactly did it say? If you can state here the exact wording i'll be able to help you further.

If it says LCW and not LCWRA then DWP will not be able to change that award and you won't be entitled to any extra money for UC.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • laurapeach
    laurapeach Community member, Scope Member Posts: 114 Pioneering
    Hi everyone the form came in the post to me on Thursday, where my posture isn’t straight my physiotherapist said I will have this the rest of my life and do physiotherapy to for the rest of my life, it’s a shame about my job but I couldn’t cope, I had my appeal for my work capability and when I had the appeal they awarded me LWCRA they said and when I went onto my universal credit journal it said LWC so I have chased it up a few times and the DWP have to as my case manager will sort it out for me I didn’t no I had a case manager but DWP told me my Case manager will sort this all out for me as yet I haven’t even spoken to them, hope this week coming I will speak to my case manager  
    I think what Mike and Poppy are asking is if anything has changed in regards to what you can and cannot do each day, knowing you'll have the problem for the rest of your life won't change the amount of points you receive, it just MIGHT make the award a bit longer. So say when you first applied you could cook food with aids, if that is still the case they won't change the amount of points you get. It has to be a deterioration in what you can or cannot do, a new diagnosis etc won't change anything unless it impacts on your daily living or mobility.
    Mum of one little girl.

I am AuDHD and I have M.E/CFS and POTS.
  • avakarlsson
    Hi 
    yes I have noticed with my walking I can only walk for a couple of mins then have to stop due to how chronic my pain is, sometimes when I am about to eat I sometimes don’t want it due to how chronic my pain is, getting dressed I struggled doing the lower part of me, but now my mum has to put my jeans and socks on for me now as I can’t do it due to my pain and I would get tired, and when I go out and about if I have never been to the place before I couldn’t go along as I would get lost or I could maybe go if I had instructions or went to the place before just to give me a proper idea where it is and what way to go etc but normally my mum would come.
  • avakarlsson
    Hi everyone 

sorry I haven’t been on here a while my pain has just been so so chronic and unbearable so that’s why I haven’t been on here. 

I sent my pip form back last Wednesday 12th as they needed it back by last Friday (14th) 

I phoned up yesterday to see if they had received it as I didn’t get any text message to say it came, so they have said it is with the case manager and marked as urgent so hopefully it shouldn’t take too long to hear back.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,341 Disability Gamechanger
    Do be aware that there's no timescales for any decision. Your form will be sent to the health assessment providers before a decision can be made. Face to face assessments are still suspended and telephone assessments are currently taking their place, most people have them so expect one of those.

Your current PIP award will continue until a decisions been made on the change of circumstances.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Did you hear back about your LCW decision?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.