Have a provisional decision for pip and I apealed my uc from lcw to lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have a provisional decision for pip and I apealed my uc from lcw to lcwra

kurt2920
kurt2920 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
I have had a provisional decision for my pip awarding me standard daily living and sepret uc I appealing my lcw to be put lcwra but as these are different appeals would dwp agree with TFT decision and should I carry on with my UC appeal or drop that as if I get this award for pip any help.guys thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,323 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2020
    Hi,

PIP and LCWRA are totally different benefits. Your PIP award won't affect your LCWRA appeal and this will continue.
    May i ask what you mean by "provisional decision" for PIP?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kurt2920

Good Evening & Welcome my friend.

I am glad that you have already meet my good friends Poppy.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with ?????

@steve51
  • kurt2920
    As it's covid 19 the judge sat on just the paper evidence alone and awarded me daily living as I would be highly likely to win a tribunal so a provisional decision made to award me.it from x date to another so waiting on dwps response to that to see if they agree or find as bin told error of law or something but I can't see that but I did also get lcw but I thi k I should be in lcwra so I've applied that decision so just abit confused will I get my pip? And should I keep the other appeal open if so or not 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kurt2920

I am very very sorry to hear about your continuing problems with your “Benefit’s”

Hi @poppy123456

Sorry too contact you again but the above post still has many questions.

@steve51
  • poppy123456
    Great news on the Tribunal win. DWP can't appeal the decision without finding the error in law first and to do this they must request the statement of reasons for HMCTS. I really wouldn't worry about it. It can take about 8 weeks to recieve backdated money after a Tribunal win.

The answer to your LCW appeal is still the same, this will continue because they are 2 comnpletey different benefits.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kurt2920
    So the dwp or sofs must find an error of law then I can't see that so about 8weeks am.hoping so tbh was just because this pip bin 14months as In the provisional decision it's from June last year to 22 so.about two months I just don't know anyone else who's in same situation like 
  • poppy123456
    I don't know what sofs is, sorry. If they do request the statement of reasons they'll contact you. They sometimes request this but rarely appeal it. Try to relax for now, the PIP part is done with.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kurt2920 - I think you mean the Secretary of State, in other words the DWP, can only appeal if there's an error of law, which they rarely do. You too could appeal if you were unhappy with your paper-based award. This is to be fair to both sides. If you're happy with your award, then it's highly unlikely the DWP will contest it as mentioned above. :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.