Pip esa — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip esa

Options
hen
hen Community member Posts: 9 Listener
I’m on esa income pip high rate full rent ct rebaight going get left no more than 22000 can buy my flat for 13000 under right buy or pay rent no savings except above not got money if I buy how will it affect my money esa pip 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

If your ESA is Income Related then sabings of £6,000 and over will affect your ESA £1 for every £250 over that amount.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hen
    hen Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    But if buy flat were they pay rent now would that mean I will be under 16000 or dose mean lose benifits
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you buy the flat then you won't be able to claim for help with the rent. A home that you live in isn't classed as capital and is ignored for all means tested benefits.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.