Mandatory reconsideration heartache - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory reconsideration heartache

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear that. Have you heard anything from HMCTS? Did you actually contact them to ask them to reschedule the hearing, with your reasons why?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Naughtynan
    Naughtynan Community member Posts: 87 Courageous
    edited February 2020
    I'm sorry to hear that. Have you heard anything from HMCTS? Did you actually contact them to ask them to reschedule the hearing, with your reasons why?
    I received a copy of an email from the representative from citizen advice sent to tribunal today. He's asked the tribunal for rescheduling of the hearing, not me. I guess I just have to wait, again.?
  • traceysteven
    traceysteven Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    If you choose a paper hearing at a tribunal  and the judge feels it's in your best interest for a face to face after reading through your case and evidence the courts will invite you in for a face to face hearing before making their decision. Plus you always have a chance to change your mind for a face to face hearing also as long as it's in the time limit. So please dont be put off by paper hearings. They are quicker and you do get the chance to a face to face if the judge feels it's in your best interest. 
  • poppy123456
    If you choose a paper hearing at a tribunal  and the judge feels it's in your best interest for a face to face after reading through your case and evidence the courts will invite you in for a face to face hearing before making their decision. Plus you always have a chance to change your mind for a face to face hearing also as long as it's in the time limit. So please dont be put off by paper hearings. They are quicker and you do get the chance to a face to face if the judge feels it's in your best interest. 
    Hi,

Paper hearings have between a 5-8% chance of success, against 75% for those that appear in person. My advice is people should always appear in person.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • traceysteven
    I agree which is why if you do opt for a paper hearing and the judge feels invites you for a face to face hearing then it's certainly in your best interest to attend. I also understand this can be very daunting and frightening for some people and baby steps needed to be an option first which you can put in for a paper hearing and then change your mind for attending the hearing etc 
  • Naughtynan
    I agree which is why if you do opt for a paper hearing and the judge feels invites you for a face to face hearing then it's certainly in your best interest to attend. I also understand this can be very daunting and frightening for some people and baby steps needed to be an option first which you can put in for a paper hearing and then change your mind for attending the hearing etc 
    Thanks for the reply Traceysteven, I have asked for an oral hearing, I want to attend but my representative can't make the date so he's asked the tribunal to change the day if the hearing. 
  • Naughtynan
    Hi 
    Just received a letter from tribunal and it says a judge has postponed the hearing of yiur appeal. I will write to you again with a new date for the tribunal hearing. Another wait and s8mehiw I regret going to cab and askum the help. I rather it was s over and done with now don't know when an other date is given  and another 3/4 weeks for it to come. The wait is the worse I wish I hadn't appealed now I d9bt want their money I don't want anything.
  • poppy123456
    Please don't give up now, hopefully the next day won't be too long and they will contact you once another date becomes available. You're almost there now, i realise just how stressful the whole process is.
  • Naughtynan
    Please don't give up now, hopefully the next day won't be too long and they will contact you once another date becomes available. You're almost there now, i realise just how stressful the whole process is.
    Thank you for your support Poppy. I know I got to be stronger but the more I try I end up bursting into uncontrollable crying. It's has become the centre focus of my life, one benefit claim one appeal after the other and feelings of not having any control in my life, I feel hopeless. I'm tired. 
    Sorry to ramble on . 
  • poppy123456
    You're very welcome. Please don't think you're rambling on, it's what we are here for, to support those that need it. I wish i could do more to help but sadly i can't. I really do hope you're not waiting too much longer for the new date. Please stay strong, you can do this! Sending gentle hugs your way! :)
  • Naughtynan
    edited February 2020
    You're very welcome. Please don't think you're rambling on, it's what we are here for, to support those that need it. I wish i could do more to help but sadly i can't. I really do hope you're not waiting too much longer for the new date. Please stay strong, you can do this! Sending gentle hugs your way! :)
    You've already helped a lot Poppy thank you ? I'll go now wash my face and try to eat something. Life goes on, I try to do small positive things today. 
    I'll post again when I get a new date. 
    *hugs received gladly??
  • traceysteven
    I totally can relate to how your feeling. As I am waiting also as appealed to the courts. I was so cross with the assessors lies written on report and the medical eveidence not even taken into account. That I have appealed to the courts not just for me but to try and stop this happening to others. The damage the lies course emotionally is a heartless move and soul destroying. It has to stop, the assessors need to stop judging , lying, and actually hear what people are saying and taking into account the medical eveidence instead of dismissing it. Please remember if you are putting appeals to the court you are taking them to court so are standing up for yourselves. It's hard I know and believe me I've been put through alot but what keeps me going is the truth will always win over lies. 
  • poppy123456
    The only issue is that you can't prove what did or didn't happen during the assessment and HMCTS won't be interested in any of those lies/contradictions. Trying to prove what was written is a lie will only weaken a case.

What will see a win is proving which group you should be in and your reasons why.
  • Naughtynan
    Hi
    Hope you're all good and healthy ?
    Apparently there was a hearing in my absence regarding my universal credit appeal due to coronovirus situation on the 19th May that I didn't know about. The letter says it was adjourned (so why did you have it) and a telephone hearing is to be arranged.
    Now I had a representative from citizen advice last time wanted to represent me do he asked for the previous hearing to be postponed. I phone him now and the place he works from is closed as said by the automated voice. I don't know what else to do so just called tribunal centre and they confirmed my phone number for the telephone hearing day. I'm worried obviously, worried that am I going to be represented and if not will I be able to give myself a good chance as I get more nervous on the phone.
    Anyone had a telephone hearing? Are they fair? 
  • Naughtynan
    I won my appeal yesterday, I felt very emotional and was really anxious. Hope everyone is well, ?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations and thanks for sharing with us 
  • Naughtynan
    janer1967 said:
    Congratulations and thanks for sharing with us 
    Thank you, I just wanted people to read there's still hope, mine took 15 months from mandatory to get a decision. ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    So glad to hear this @Naughtynan! So happy for you! Thank you for letting us know. :)
    Scope

• poppy123456
    Great news thanks for letting us know.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Really happy to read your news @Naughtynan, congratulations on the successful appeal. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.