Please sign. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Please sign.

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

Sorry but i don't agree with some of what you've said here. What you have to think of here is that this virus isn't going to go away over night, it's here to stay for the foreseable future. You can't hide away forever because life does go on. Before the most vulnerable people were advised to shield they did go out and go about their everyday life. Until suddenly they were advised to "shield" for 3 months, which was extended. There's no difference now to what it was like before lockdown was put into place.

Face coverings are now mandatory in England and Scotland and i'm sure Wales will follow in the coming weeks so this will help the spread of the virus.

Not everyone in the shielding group has a disability. I know of some people that are in this group and have no disability. Likewise, there's people with a disability that are not in the shielding group, like myself. I also know people who are disabiled and not in the shielding group.

The Government can't continue to support people for the foreseable future, it's just not viable because there's over 1.5m people in the most at risk group and that would cost a huge amount of money.

Before anyone says anything yes, i'm disabled and no i'm not in the most at risk group but even if i was i certainly wouldn't expect this level of support. Yes i claim benefits because of my disability and i'm unable to work because of it but if i did work i wouldn't expect this level of support.

Throughout the lockdown people have continued to work and live with the most vulnerable people but they've stayed safe because of strict hygeine rules when returning home by the person that's continued to work.

I wish you goodluck with the petition but no signing from me, sorry.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community

I am sorry I tend to agree with Poppy and feel the government have provided over and above that of other countries and it has to come to an end at some time.

I too am disabled and not working due to my disabilities

I think those on benefits including myself have been looked at there has been an increase in base rate for UC for period 12 months, and some councils have reduced council tax 

We have to get on with our lives be it a bit different as this wont go away until an effective vaccine is found and the whole population immunised
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Ive just signed the petition @Sarahwk many thanks 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    I rarely if ever sign petitions as they rarely achieve anything. So i'm sorry but I won't be signing
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Seems like the petition has now closed....
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Hi i wish i hadnt signed the petition, I've not completed the form, it was requesting money for a variety of causes and very long and drawn out. just my opinion, I give to charity as do many, thanks

Brightness