Reconsideration update! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reconsideration update!

Bella03
Bella03 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
Hi all

just to say i sent in a reconsideration for my son who has aspergers, i wrote a letter myself and after 7 months just had a letter to say he will be getting PIP. He has gone from having no points to getting middle living and low mobility!! And all the back pay was in my bank this morning!! So if you have put in for a recon, the decision can be change!!!! I thought i would have to go to appeal but no! Thank god! So keep the faith! ?  

Comments

• katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Oh amazing so very pleased!!!  :):) god bless and its solo encouraging to others, well done  :)
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,608 Disability Gamechanger
    Aww so happy for you Bella that’s a great result, I also got my standard mobility changed to Enhanced at MR so it does happen, it was earlier sd the chances at MR stage were only 16% chance of change, but have since found out it’s over 50% so people have a much better chance, so again well done!!!!
  • laurapeach
    laurapeach Community member, Scope Member Posts: 114 Pioneering
    Ahh that's fantastic well done! I sent my MR in a few weeks ago but I'm not getting my hopes up, I'm still readying myself for a tribunal just in case my award doesn't change. 
    Mum of one little girl.

I am AuDHD and I have M.E/CFS and POTS.
  • Lou67
    Hi@laurapeach. I hope your good today, i just want up wish you luck with your MR I got my mobility changed at MR but didn’t change my 6 points for DL so I’m taking it to appeal it’s a stress but has to be done, so good luck with yours take care?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Bella03 Thats great news and thank for sharing it seems quite a few are getting a good result from MR for a change and its great to hear
  • laurapeach
    laurapeach Community member, Scope Member Posts: 114 Pioneering
    Ahh thank you @Lou67, I was awarded standard care but I think I'm entitled to enhanced on both but we'll see what they say! How long did it take for your MR to come back? 
    Mum of one little girl.

I am AuDHD and I have M.E/CFS and POTS.
  • Lou67
    Hi Laura mines took 11 weeks I thought that was long, but was told that’s the normal timescale, I hope you get a good result, fingers crossed for you, let’s no how it goes for you. 
  • Bella03
    Bella03 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    Sorry, it was standard PIP.  
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Bella03, how are you? :)
    Scope

• lizalo80
    lizalo80 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I sent of appeal letter for pip 6th June  2020  phoned today see whats happening they say still waiting to be looked at does it normally take this long.my friend sent hers of 2days b4 mine and got decision with in two weeks .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    lizalo80 said:
    I sent of appeal letter for pip 6th June  2020  phoned today see whats happening they say still waiting to be looked at does it normally take this long.my friend sent hers of 2days b4 mine and got decision with in two weeks .

HI,

There's no timescales for any decision. As a guide, it can take in excess of 10 weeks but it's just a guide.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.