Football Competition next season? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Football Competition next season?

WestHam06
WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
Hi all, 
          Firstly, thank you to everyone who joined in with this season's football competition, I hope everyone enjoyed it and had fun. We had some really great predictors of scores and lots of great football discussions. As many of us will now be on count down for the return of the Premier League,  I was wondering if I could please ask if there would be interest in running the same competition next season. It would be the same set up and would appreciate any thoughts on it you may have. Thank you. 

Comments

• katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
  • Stayce
    Stayce Community member, CP Network Posts: 843 Pioneering
    edited July 2020
     Hi @WestHam06 - This won’t come as a  surprise from me ? -  Yes that would be awesome ? ?
  • WestHam06
    Hi @katho31
                            Thank you so much for your response. Looking forward to next season already :) Thank you. 
  • WestHam06
    Hi @Stayce
                        Thank you so much for your response. I'm so pleased you are up for doing the same next season, you have your title to defend :) Looking forward to it. Thank you. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for doing it @WestHam06! Great to have this on the community!
    Scope

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @WestHam06 I'll have to get involved with this next season as my team, Leeds, are back in the Premier League finally :) 

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • WestHam06
    Hi @Ross_Scope
                                  How are you? Thank you, that sounds great the more the merrier as they say. It seemed to work really well so hopefully we can make it work next season, I am confident we can. Leeds did well this season and 16 years is a long time to be away from the Premiership, especially for a club like Leeds and after last season. If you would like me to explain how it works then I will be more then happy too and answer any questions you may have . Thank you. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    WestHam06 said:
    Hi @Ross_Scope
                                  How are you? Thank you, that sounds great the more the merrier as they say. It seemed to work really well so hopefully we can make it work next season, I am confident we can. Leeds did well this season and 16 years is a long time to be away from the Premiership, especially for a club like Leeds and after last season. If you would like me to explain how it works then I will be more then happy too and answer any questions you may have . Thank you. 
    I'm marvelous thanks, how are you? 

Yes I would love to hear how it works if you wouldn't mind explaining? 

Yeah Leeds had a great season, the last time we were in the Premier League I was just six so I have very few memories of it. So excited to see how we do, we'll certainly be fun to watch for any neutrals

Online Community Coordinator.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes def. I came to it late this year but would welcome the chance to get involved from the off next season.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• WestHam06
    Hi @Ross_Scope
                                 I'm pleased to hear that you are well, I am good thank you for asking. Wow, yes when we are 6 it is hard to remember games so I hope you are able to enjoy this season. I think you will do well as you play some great football and I agree neutrals will enjoy your games. 
    No problem, the competition works like this. The game week fixtures are put up in the Coffee Lounge a few days before they are played to ensure that everyone who would like to guess has time to do so. Then everyone makes their predictions, but they have to be made before the game kicks off. For every correct score you will receive one point. After all the fixtures in the game week have been played, each person's guess are checked and points added. Then the table is put up in the Coffee Lounge and is added too each game week. We are considering an additional element to it but I will put a post up about this when we have decided and let you know.  At the end of the season, the person with the most points (correct scores guessed) is given a badge to go on their profile on the online community. Please any more questions or if I haven't explained clearly do not hesitate to let me know. Also, you are under no obligation to guess every week, just when you want too. Thank you. 
  • WestHam06
    Hi @woodbine
                            It will be great to have you join us, but please remember to just make guesses if and when you feel you would like too. I look forward to seeing your guesses come the start of the season :) Thank you.
  • Ross_Alumni
    edited August 2020
    @WestHam06
    Yes I hardly remember anything from our Premier League days so it will feel like a brand new experience for me.

Thank you for the explanation, I look forward to getting involved and incorrectly guessing all the scores :D 

• WestHam06
    Well I really hope that you enjoy the experience of being the supporter of a Premier League club :)  Brilliant, I look forward to seeing you in the competition and I'll keep you updated with it all :) Thank you. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    @WestHam06

Looking forward to it, roll on next season!

• WestHam06
    Hi all, 
             I hope everyone is well and are looking forward to the start of the season. We are continuing to make plans for the football competition next season and we wanted to ask people's thoughts on a new element to the competition. Obviously, we recognise that football is not just about the Premier League and we have many friends here on the community who support teams in the Championship, League 1, League 2 and the Conference and we want to ensure that they feel included and part of the competition. Now, unfortunately there are far too many games to include all of these leagues every week and so what we are looking at is to include one bonus game each game week and it will work like this. 
    Week 1- Championship game
    Week 2- League 1 game
    Week 3- League 2 game
    Week 4- Conference game 
    It will then be repeated like this throughout the rest of the season. We will select each game at random and put it in with the rest of the Premier League games. We are aware that there are more game week's in these leagues but it will just be done when Premier League games are played. We are considering whether the bonus game will be worth one or two points. Before we explore this further, we would like to know what people's thoughts are on adding this new element to the competition. Thank you.  

• Scottyboy
    Scottyboy Community member Posts: 47 Courageous
    That's great WestHam06. Count me in also  :)
  • Stayce
    Stayce Community member, CP Network Posts: 843 Pioneering
    Hi @WestHam06

Sounds good to me. ??
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Sounds fab, count me in too :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

• WestHam06
    Hi @Cher_Scope
                                  Thank you, that is great news and look forward to seeing you in the competition. Please do let me know if you would like me to go through anything about the competition but mainly it's fun :) Thank you. 
  • WestHam06
    Hi all, 
             Hope everyone is well. I just wanted to let everyone know that all the fixtures for next season should be announced by Friday 21st August, with the campaign starting on Saturday 12th September. I very much look forward to seeing the first set of fixtures and also to our competition getting underway :) Thank you. 

Brightness