New claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New claim

lou72
lou72 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
1st time posting. A bit of history.
Applied pip sept 2018 no points, done MR and no points. Appealed for tribunal, had this july 2019 got 6 care 4 mobility so no award.  My conditions have worsened and complete change of medications, so decided to reapply.
Applied for pip 24th march 2020. Had telephone assessment 12th may 2020 with capita healthcare professional and some1 from dwp just listeningto the assessment. Dwp received report 26th may. I received report 12th june.  Assessor recommends enhanced care 13 points standard mobility 10 points.
 I Phoned 2day for an update to say case manager has sent my report back to capita.
Y would this be? Can they change the points on my report? The report was very accurate and no lies were in it. Many thanks in advance

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community, in answer to your question the report is only the assessors recommendation, it is up to the decision maker from DWP what award you get and yes they can award different ti the report.

They usually go with the report but sometimes they have other evidence which may contradict the assessors report.

Also yes they can send it back to the assessors if they think the report isnt accurate, this can mean the assessor needs to amend the report or go with it and even sometimes means they need to do another assessment. It could just mean something isnt completed correctly,

I hope you asre not waiting too long for a decision to be made and keep us updated on outcome
  • lou72
    Ty for ur response. Been waiting 8 weeks now for a decision, so hoping I hear soon. Will keep u updated. Fingers crossed ??
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Fingers crossed @lou72
    Scope

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,608 Disability Gamechanger
    Aww good luck hope you hear soon take care ?
  • lou72
    At the start of my telephone assessment the capita assessor introduced herself to me and then asked my permission if some1 from the pip department  could join the call but they wouldn't be asking any questions only listening to the assessment. 
    That person joined the call and explained who they were and the assessment  started.
    When I received assessment report it was very accurate and  no inaccuracies in it. So now dont understand y it has been sent back to capita 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    Are you sure it was someone from DWP? It's very strange for this to happen because the assessment process is nothing to do with DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lou72
    That's who they introduced themselves as. I'm in n.ireland if that would make any difference 
  • poppy123456
    No, it shouldn't make any difference.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • lou72
    Update on my claim.
    Phoned pip 2day and was told I haven't been awarded anything so they totally disregarded the assessment report, which the assessor recommended 13 points for care and 10 for mobility. Dont even know y I even bothered having an assessment for if dwp weren't going to agree with. Cant wait to wot the letter says.
    Mental health well and truly messed up, 
  • poppy123456
    lou72 said:
    Update on my claim.
    Phoned pip 2day and was told I haven't been awarded anything so they totally disregarded the assessment report, which the assessor recommended 13 points for care and 10 for mobility. Dont even know y I even bothered having an assessment for if dwp weren't going to agree with. Cant wait to wot the letter says.
    Mental health well and truly messed up, 

Are you sure they told you correctly on the phone what the decision is. Although they can go against the report but it's very rare. I would ring them again and speak to someone else because it is possible that the person you spoke to read the computer wrong.
  • Lou67
    Hi Lou I’m so sorry to hear that, I though they usually go with the report, that’s such a shame, I know you’ll obviously be feeling so deflated just now, but once your upto it, get anymore evidence that wasn’t originally provided and get it in with your MR, I wish you well take care. 
  • lou72
     She wasnt going to tell me result, said for me to wait for the letter and I got upset and said I would like to know now and she definitely said no award. 

• lou72
    Ty lou67, have already been in touch with citizens advice so just need to wait for the refusal letter
  • Lou67
    I’m hoping the person on the phone has made a mistake, but best to be prepared anyway, will be thinking of you take care. 
  • lou72
    Lou67 I hope that 2 lol but I doubt it. Ty. Will update when I receive letter
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Hi  :) got home 5.15pm lovely day with my auntie  <3 x how is everyone today?
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    @lou72 i am so sorry about this?? I haven't heard of a person with so many points then having it reduced so much before? i really cant understand why this has happened, can anyone help this lady please?
  • poppy123456
    It can happen but it's rare. If it was me then i would have rang them again to speak to someone else.  If there isn't error in what was read today and it's a refusal then the MR is the first step and you'll have 1 month from the date of the decision to request this. If the MR decision doesn't change the decision then it's Tribunal.
  • lou72
    Will give them a ring 2moro and c wot they say, hope they did read it wrong, if not need to wait on refusal letter. 
  • lou72
    I thought if the decision had been made they could give it u if u enquired about it regardless of the outcome 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.