Courtesy call — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Courtesy call

Georgestafford
Georgestafford Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi i just got a message on my uc jernal saying that they will call me on augest 7 2020 as a courtesy call what does this mean im worried. Also i have been on uc since december last year so im not new. But this is first time i have seen it?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

It's exactly as it stated it is, a courtesy call.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Georgestafford

Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of a team of Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Yes as my good friend @poppy123456 says you haven’t got nothing to worry about.

Please come back to me if you you need any further help/advice???

@steve51
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Georgestafford,

It's just a courtesy call, they're checking in with you to make sure nothing has changed in your situation and that everything is still running smoothly as they can't ask you to come into the Jobcentre.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Georgestafford
    Georgestafford Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Ok thank was worried will they do any new comitments during this call for me?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Georgestafford. They don't typically discuss commitments at these, no. There have been lots of changes to UC and lots of people having changes in their personal circumstances so they're mostly to check nothing has changed and not been reported and to ensure everything is going smoothly for you. 
    Let us know how you get on. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.