LWCRA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LWCRA

janeybabes2000
janeybabes2000 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I went for my assessment for first time ever on 28th October and was awarded LWCRA I eventually got it backdated and received money on 3rd December stating from the 6th October I was awarded it. I remember the assessor saying that I wouldn't have to worry about another assessment for a year or two. I am wondering could I be called up for one soon as not sure if it would be from my assessment date or when I handed in my first sick line which was 26th of June 2019. I was unemployed when my accident happened then applied for the benefit in the August or September. Just wondering can I phone them up to find out when my assessment will be as curious if it's a year or two years . If so will it run out by 6th October . Thanks 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,822 Scope online community team
    Hello @janeybabes2000 and a warm welcome to the community.

With LCWRA the timeframe they give is only a suggestion, you can actually be asked to have a reassessment from as little as every 3 months and some people remain on LCWRA without reassessment for years. You can give them a call and ask when your reassessment is due but it will only be a guide and they can assess you sooner (or later!) than this date.

The good news is that the money you receive for LCWRA will continue even past the suggested review date and you'll remain in the LCWRA group until they next reassess you and a new decision is made. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @janeybabes2000, great to have you with us. :)
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community and I hope the advice given outs your mind at rest.

I wouldnt contact them as this may put you on their radar just wait till they contact you
  • janeybabes2000
    janeybabes2000 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thankyou everyone 
  • Sherylj40
    Sherylj40 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Can you tell me how long you waited for your assessment and the area you live.   I live in Wales and have been waiting since May 2020 for my assessment.   I am told they have no idea when it will be but I am on the waiting list 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sherylj40 this is quite an old post 

Is it a work capability assessment you are waiting for ? 

Unfortunately there are no timescales it's just a waiting game 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Sherylj40 said:
    Can you tell me how long you waited for your assessment and the area you live.   I live in Wales and have been waiting since May 2020 for my assessment.   I am told they have no idea when it will be but I am on the waiting list 

Hi and welcome,

I'm sorry you've been waiting for so long for your work capability assessment. I do know that backlogs for these are huge at the moment because at the start of the pandemic they were suspended for 3 months.

Under normal circumstances it's not usual to be waiting several months and sometimes longer than that. There are really no timescales for these and it does depend on backlog in each individual area.

At the moment face to face assessments are still suspended and telephone assessments have replaced them. With the work capability assessment if they are unable to get all the information they need through a telephone assessment then your file will be put back on the list for a face to face assessment once they are back up and running again. I do know this has happened to quite a few people.

If it's a telephone assessment you're waiting for once an appointment becomes available you will be contacted. Hopefully you won't be waiting too much longer and they will be able to get all the information through the telephone assessment.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Sherylj40 :) I'm sure it must be stressful waiting for so long, but try and sit tight. Keep us updated! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.