Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi I went for my assessment for first time ever on 28th October and was awarded LWCRA I eventually got it backdated and received money on 3rd December stating from the 6th October I was awarded it. I remember the assessor saying that I wouldn't have to worry about another assessment for a year or two. I am wondering could I be called up for one soon as not sure if it would be from my assessment date or when I handed in my first sick line which was 26th of June 2019. I was unemployed when my accident happened then applied for the benefit in the August or September. Just wondering can I phone them up to find out when my assessment will be as curious if it's a year or two years . If so will it run out by 6th October . Thanks
- 50.4K All Categories
- 10K Start here and say hello!
- 4.3K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 137 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 685 Work and employment
- 540 Education
- 1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 957 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 256 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.9K Talk about money
- 1.9K Benefits and financial support
- 4.3K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.7K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.8K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 615 Chronic pain and pain management
- 669 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 726 Autism and neurodiversity
- 874 Mental health and wellbeing
- 291 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.